Psychology "Personality Profiles" to explain how you behave - possible relation to veganism and vegatarianism?

If you did the test, which "Quadrant" is your personality likely assigned to?

• "Analysts" - INTJ/INTP/ENTJ/ENTP

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • "Diplomats" - INFJ/INFP/ENFJ/ENFP

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • "Sentinels" - ISTJ/ISFJ/ESTJ/ESFJ

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • "Explorers" - ISTP/ISFP/ESTP/ESFP

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Well, my thinking was, if you are more compassionate, is it possible that you would care for animals more and go vegan?
(e.g. if you were "F", and not "T", would you easier be able to lay off the eggs, cheese and milk ;) ? )
I think how it worked for me (an INTJ) was: my introversion sometimes made it difficult to deal with people- not always, but sometimes, and generally more difficult for me than for my extraverted friends/relatives. I sometimes wound up feeling more at ease with animals; a few critters could be really nasty, but they were generally less complicated and more pleasant to deal with. (This was in the days before I ever had to give a cat a pill). Plus, the "Thinking" part led me to question why someone would treat companion animals so differently from other animals who might not make good "pets", but still don't deserve to be treated as nothing more than a renewable resource.

I dunno... for an NT, I think I'm pretty emotional. My head and my gut tend to take turns driving.

Reactions: Freesia and Andy_T
This was in the days before I ever had to give a cat a pill

But that one is easy...

How to give a cat a pill:
  1. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
  2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
  3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
  4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
  5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.
  6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
  7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
  8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil, and blow down drinking straw.
  9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
  10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door onto neck, to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
  11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of Scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
  12. Call fire department to retrieve the damn cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.
  13. Tie the little @!!@#@#$%'s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak filet. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.
  14. Consume remainder of Scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and remove pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.
  15. Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
Re: cats and pills, funny. However, I think we just used to put the pill (well, tablet) inside a wet food "meat ball". In most instances, Cat would eat it all up without any issues. Occasionally, she would somehow eat around the tablet, so it had to be repacked and served again until success.

..... I don't know what to make of the list of famous INFJ people. Mel Gibson!.....

Famous INFJs include:

Martin Luther King
Nelson Mandela
Mother Teresa
Nicole Kidman
Jimmy Carter
Mel Gibson
Goethe
“James Wilson” from House M.D.
Moll, that does sound good!

As INFP, my famous role model from literature is Frodo Baggins...

I looked up a list of INTJs, and it included mostly people who, although I wouldn't call them "evil", I have an impression of them as kind of prickly or anti-social: Ayn Rand, Frederick(sp?) Nietzche, and a bunch of others. I've always thought Nikola Tesla was cool- not only was he intelligent and creative, he also liked animals- but he could be shallow in his own way (was too concerned with appearance and dress, IMHO).

ETA: And check these INTJ charmers out: Jean-Paul Sartre. Karl Marx. Isaac Asimov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Ted "The Unabomber" Kascinski (ok, that last one is evil).

Last edited:
How did they determine the Myers-Briggs personality types of historical persons like Marx and Nietzsche? I sort of doubt they ever sat down to do any of these tests! Especially since the theory was developed after their death! Bah, it's all humbug :)

I looked up a list of INTJs, and it included mostly people who, although I wouldn't call them "evil", I have an impression of them as kind of prickly or anti-social: Ayn Rand, Frederick(sp?) Nietzche, and a bunch of others. I've always thought Nikola Tesla was cool- not only was he intelligent and creative, he also liked animals- but he could be shallow in his own way (was too concerned with appearance and dress, IMHO).

ETA: And check these INTJ charmers out: Jean-Paul Sartre. Karl Marx. Isaac Asimov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Ted "The Unabomber" Kascinski (ok, that last one is evil).

I wouldn't worry too much about that.:D
Why the Myers-Briggs test is totally meaningless - Vox

How did they determine the Myers-Briggs personality types of historical persons like Marx and Nietzsche? I sort of doubt they ever sat down to do any of these tests! Especially since the theory was developed after their death! Bah, it's all humbug :)
Yep. Whoever categorized these people probably went by that individual's known writings and public accomplishments, but I think it would definitely be a leap to make assumptions about what these people were like on the inside.

I've also seen fictional characters categorized into one of the 16 types, which is amusing.

I always get exactly the same profile.

I bought the book for it years ago. I didnt do the test though for some reason, I just looked at all the profiles and then I thought hmmm, sounds like I am INFJ.

I read it a few times and I started to think that it didnt really sound like me in some ways. They sound so dedicated and dilligent.... I felt like perhaps I wasnt that type. Then I thought- why dont I actually do the test?

So I did the test and I ended up getting ENFP. It made sense in many ways... I have always got this same result every time I took the test (except the one time I got INFP on Facebooks MBTI app. But I am definitely not an INFP. THey are perfectionists and that it not how I am.)

Reactions: Andy_T
What? iNFP are perfectionists? That does not quite fit me ... but the rest does, however...

I read the criticism of the model posted earlier, and find it a bit too vehement.

Yes, I guess some people are more clear in one quadrant than others, and thus the results might change over time for others, but I do not think this renders the model obsolete and makes everything invested in testing "a waste of money".

From what I know about INFPs, when they are doing work they dont like other people to interfere with it. They dont like their work being critiqued especially and they have standards they strive to follow.

INFJs are far more dilligent and focused though, good workers.

I just have a poor attention span and am pretty clumsy. Also I just dont have a great aptitude for carrying out little tasks.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
ad4a97ed54d2fef1527e3528a2fb334d.jpg

I'm Jon Snow, INFJ.:D

It says I am Renly Baratheon. I have never watched the series.

Oh, Renly Baratheon ...

is a good-natured, friendly, just ruler that manages to be admired by his followers :)

So, of course, he gets murdered pretty early in the series :sob: