Vegan Peanutbutter Fudge

Alice-Bee

Mad as A Hatter
Reaction score
I just made some of this....soooo good.
Also a tub may have disapeared when I offered it to an office full of Omnis.

In the original recipe it calls for 3 and 2/3 Icing/confectors sugar. People said it was too much and reduced it to 2 cups. Thats what I used and it was fine.

• 3/4 cup vegan margarine
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 3 2/3 cups icing/confectioners' sugar (reduce this to 2 cups, or just a little over 2 cups)
Directions

1. Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.(i just put grease proofpaper in a plastic tub)
  2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, until well blended. Pat into prepared pan and chill until firm. Cut into squares.

My results. The recipe for the chocolate fudge is here:http://forum.veggieviews.com/threads/chocolate-walnut-fudge.325/
543898_10151245087745194_1727852960_n.jpg

Its really quick and easy. It looks like it going wrong but comes together in the end.
I think the more sugar added the less sticky and more fudge like.
Ill take a photo and add it later.

That looks good. Maybe I'll make both recipes and swirl them together before they harden.

I was going to make this because I was sure I had some icing sugar in the cupboard. It turns out it was Asda's shitty own brand ryvita. KILL ME :(

Can you make it without the peanut butter, i.e. just make fudge? Does that work? :)

I havent tried it/ Im unsure whether the peanutbutter is needed to 'set' the fudge. Sorry.

Can you make it without the peanut butter, i.e. just make fudge? Does that work? :)

Sounds like that would just be "icing", if you add some flavoring like vanilla and keep it refrigerated. I used to eat refrigerated chocolate icing from a can because I thought it tasted like fudge...vanilla and lemon icing, too, for that matter. :)

I havent tried it/ Im unsure whether the peanutbutter is needed to 'set' the fudge. Sorry.

Yeah that's what I was wondering. In theory I think if you add enough sugar it would set like normal fudge... but not confidant.

Maybe I'll test some and report back to you guys.

You already need a LOT of sugar for the PB version. My thoughts would suggest youd need a whole box of Icing Sugar :/
Im unsure though.