Overnight oats smoothie

What a great idea! I’m going to try this.

Not to get off track, but I have been following the Weight Watchers plan on and off for five years. I lost over 30 lbs and managed to keep off all but ten pounds. “Drinking” fruits/vegetables, or oats is not recommended. When you are tracking points, zero point foods are no longer zero if not eaten in their natural form. Weird, I know, but it works for some reason. It’s not that one wouldn’t be “allowed” to have a smoothie. You would just have to calculate it into your daily point allotment. My morning coffee is four points due to my not drinking it black, and there’s no way I was giving that up, lol.

I’m not tracking at the moment so I don’t care how many points this oatmeal smoothie is, lol. I’m going to try it. Thanks for posting, Lou! :)

Last edited:
I too make smoothies using old fashioned oats without soaking them. And my blender isn't even a powerful one. Heaping handful of frozen mixed berries, 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 2tbs of flax meal, drizzle of maple syrup, and enough soy milk to make it come together and blend. Tastes even better with chocolate soy milk, but not as healthy.

Oh and if using chocolate soy milk, don't forget to throw in a mint leaf!

I too make smoothies using old fashioned oats without soaking them. And my blender isn't even a powerful one. Heaping handful of frozen mixed berries, 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 2tbs of flax meal, drizzle of maple syrup, and enough soy milk to make it come together and blend. Tastes even better with chocolate soy milk, but not as healthy.

Oh and if using chocolate soy milk, don't forget to throw in a mint leaf!
That sounds good! I can’t wait to make a smoothie tomorrow!