Overnight oats smoothie

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
We have been talking up oatmeal in the Coffee house. I saw this today and I figured it was a good thing to post

• 👍
Reactions: KLS52 and TofuRobot

KLS52

Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
What a great idea! I’m going to try this.

Not to get off track, but I have been following the Weight Watchers plan on and off for five years. I lost over 30 lbs and managed to keep off all but ten pounds. “Drinking” fruits/vegetables, or oats is not recommended. When you are tracking points, zero point foods are no longer zero if not eaten in their natural form. Weird, I know, but it works for some reason. It’s not that one wouldn’t be “allowed” to have a smoothie. You would just have to calculate it into your daily point allotment. My morning coffee is four points due to my not drinking it black, and there’s no way I was giving that up, lol.

I’m not tracking at the moment so I don’t care how many points this oatmeal smoothie is, lol. I’m going to try it. Thanks for posting, Lou! :)

Last edited:

KLS52

Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
Last edited:

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
So no soaking in advance? I was wondering if that woukd work.
I very often just add a spoon before whizzing up the ingredients. If you have a powerful blender it does work. If not you can
soak them for 15 mins. No need to soak them all night long.

SapphireLightning

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I too make smoothies using old fashioned oats without soaking them. And my blender isn't even a powerful one. Heaping handful of frozen mixed berries, 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 2tbs of flax meal, drizzle of maple syrup, and enough soy milk to make it come together and blend. Tastes even better with chocolate soy milk, but not as healthy.

Oh and if using chocolate soy milk, don't forget to throw in a mint leaf!

KLS52

Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
I too make smoothies using old fashioned oats without soaking them. And my blender isn't even a powerful one. Heaping handful of frozen mixed berries, 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 2tbs of flax meal, drizzle of maple syrup, and enough soy milk to make it come together and blend. Tastes even better with chocolate soy milk, but not as healthy.

Oh and if using chocolate soy milk, don't forget to throw in a mint leaf!
That sounds good! I can’t wait to make a smoothie tomorrow!