TV & Film Our Favorite Movie Comedies

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
As I posted in the chat thread, give me a good comedy any day. It's a scientific fact that when we laugh, our adrenaline starts pumping and that makes us feel better. So, if you're feeling lousy, try watching a good LOL comedy. :rofl:

Here's my list, probably incomplete.
In no special order:

The Great Race
Some Like it Hot
The Court Jester
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
Little Miss Sunshine
Beetlejuice
Auntie Mame
The Errand Boy

Blazing Saddles
Any of the Cheech and Chong movies
The Princess Bride
40 Year Old Virgin
Dogma

Damn I forgot about Blazing Saddles. :) In which case I should also add Young Frankenstein and The Producers to my list.

Speaking of Gene Wilder, he made a wonderful comedy with Donald Sutherland called Start The Revolution Without Me. :D

Reactions: Cerebellion
I just rewatched Mel Brooks' History of the World, Part 1 and laughed nonstop. Plus of course Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Airplane movies, Blues Brothers, Groundhog Day, the Chevy Chase National Lampoon Christmas movie.

See, I post 'em as I think of 'em.

I also thought of:

A Shot in the Dark
Airplane!
almost all of the Marx Brothers movies, but especially Horse Feathers and Duck Soup
My two favorite W.C. Fields movies, It's a Gift and You Can't Cheat an Honest Man
My two favorite Laurel and Hardy movies, Bohemian Girl and March of the Wooden Solidiers/Babes in Toyland

Hmmm...
Airheads
BeetleJuice
Benny and Joon(is that a comedy..its a little sad at times)
Back To The Future
Waynes World

My friends & I always seem to watch 'Get Him To The Greek' & 'Pineapple Express' to cheer us up.

The amount of times we've watched those films together...

STROKE THE FURRY WALL

Oh yes. I like some of these films.:cool:

Also Dumb & Dumber, Groundhog Day, Borat, Ghostbusters, The Man with Two Brains, Coming to America, Role Models, Zoolander, Dodgeball, Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Shaun of the Dead.

Reactions: thefadedone
Oh, how about:

Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Night at the Museum

And if you want something really old:
Modern Times (Charlie Chaplin)

Just what I can think of now...

Dogma
Keeping Mum
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Dodgeball
Zoolander
Role Models
Hot Fuzz
Shaun of the Dead

Oh, and let's not forget Tom Hanks started out doing comedy, so I'm adding to my list:

Big
Splash
A League of Their Own

Is this something else, or do you mean Baby Mama, the movie with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler? Because if it IS Baby Mama, I'd like to add that to my own list. :D

Yes that's the one. Sorry for the typo.

Also:
The Hangover
The Sitter
Billy Madison
Pineapple Express

Gremlins
Gremlins II: The New Batch

GII is that rarity: A sequel that's funnier than the original. A lot funnier. :rofl: