Lifestyle
  1. Other
250 g hard wheat pasta - either spelt or wholewheat
1 medium size head of broccoli cut into florets
2 - 3 cloves of pink garlic
1 large pinch of chilli flakes
2 - 3 tbs evo
salt & freshly ground pepper

Cook the florets in a large quantitysalted water until al dente. I suggest the cooking time is approx 2 minutes.
Drain into a saucepan and reserve 1 small ladle of the cooking water.
Cook the pasta according to instructions in the broccoli stock.
In a heavy frying pan add the oil, chopped garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute. Add the florets and
mash with a fork and cook for around 2 minutes. Add the pasta and a small ladle of stock. Adjust the
seasoning. You can also add 50 g of vegan cheese and a drizzle of evo.
Tip : You can also serve the pasta with some sauteed slivered almonds.

00314552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KLS52 and Freesia
I was interested to make this but I don't think I know what pink garlic is?Is it the same as regular garlic?

Last edited:
It really is a very tasty and inexpensive meal, however I feel hungry if I have this for my main meal. :(

Maybe add some vegan chick'n to it? Some Gardein chick'n would probably pair wonderfully with this.
No it is a milder variety of garlic, however you can use just plain white garlic if you wish.

I never realized this. I've seen the pink variety but I had no clue it tasted different. I learn so much here at VV.:D

Reactions: Freesia
:)
Maybe add some vegan chick'n to it? Some Gardein chick'n would probably pair wonderfully with this.

I never realized this. I've seen the pink variety but I had no clue it tasted different. I learn so much here at VV.:D

I have some vegan chick'n stock cubes which would go well with the broccoli. I would however still feel hungry if I had this dish for my main meal. I really do need more protein.

:)

I have some vegan chick'n stock cubes which would go well with the broccoli. I would however still feel hungry if I had this dish for my main meal. I really do need more protein.
You need to add the actual chick'n! Or some chickpeas! They would go good also. You could even pan fry them to get them toasty and then add them to the end for a crunchy topping.

Reactions: Freesia
I would use some kind of broth with this and maybe some additional toppings because I just tried it as written and it was a bit plain.