One in 5 Americans have no religious affiliation

I share your sentiment, partly because of the way organised religion influences politics in your country, and the impact this has both domestically and internationally. Not all organised religions are by necessity malignant, and being unaffiliated won't necessarily make someone a better person, but nevertheless it seems to me that some of the most revolting aspects of US domestic and foreign policy has its origin in organised religion.

Reactions: Mel
When I say I am a Christian I am saying I am a Christian because I follow Christ not a stupid organized religion. For years I was afraid to having children because my side is Catholic and they would force us to baptize the kid as an infant and they said if the child dies before age of knowing right from wrong it still would go to Hell if it was baptized, that is when I wanted to stay away from the Catholic church all together, then I and my husband moved to East TN and a whole new ballgame there we tried various baptist churches , that corrupted me even more. If some one wants to attend church, I think a none denominational Bible church is a better choice or a community service worship center church.