Old vegetarian New Vegan

Old New

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi, I joined this forum because I want to be more involved with the vegan community. I became a vegetarian in 1983 and I became a vegan only recently in 2018.

I was pretty used to having my diet organized when I was a vegetarian, but since I became a vegan, things became a little messy in my life as well, and now I am in a situation I am not eating properly and because of that my health is now compromised.

I will be opening another thread to better explain my situation, but for now I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

I am very happy to be talking to like minded people. Usually my generation became vegetarian when we were young but didn't evolve to veganism afterwards. So I am pretty much alone in the midst of my vegetarian friends.

:welcome:
I was a really vegetarian and when I cut out the dairy I went a little too far in learning vegan cuisine! The weight I lost as a pretty much whole food other than cheese vegetarian came back, and I'm now trying to eat healthier myself

Reactions: Lou and Old New
Welcome!
Hope that you find Lots of information and inspiration here...

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have so much to learn. As I said, even though I was vegetarian for more than 30 years, being vegan so recently makes me feel really new in this process. When I became a vegetarian I used to read the ingredients of products in the supermarket, but then became lazy. Now, being vegan, I again started reading. It is indeed a new beginning.