Old vegetarian New Vegan

Old New

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi, I joined this forum because I want to be more involved with the vegan community. I became a vegetarian in 1983 and I became a vegan only recently in 2018.

I was pretty used to having my diet organized when I was a vegetarian, but since I became a vegan, things became a little messy in my life as well, and now I am in a situation I am not eating properly and because of that my health is now compromised.

I will be opening another thread to better explain my situation, but for now I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

I am very happy to be talking to like minded people. Usually my generation became vegetarian when we were young but didn't evolve to veganism afterwards. So I am pretty much alone in the midst of my vegetarian friends.

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
:welcome:
I was a really vegetarian and when I cut out the dairy I went a little too far in learning vegan cuisine! The weight I lost as a pretty much whole food other than cheese vegetarian came back, and I'm now trying to eat healthier myself

Reactions: Lou and Old New

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Welcome!
Hope that you find Lots of information and inspiration here...

Old New

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have so much to learn. As I said, even though I was vegetarian for more than 30 years, being vegan so recently makes me feel really new in this process. When I became a vegetarian I used to read the ingredients of products in the supermarket, but then became lazy. Now, being vegan, I again started reading. It is indeed a new beginning.