Old member new introduction

The Master Of Design

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi I'm an old member but I wasn't active before or did a proper introduction so here it is.

I went Vegeterian 6 years ago and fully Vegan 4 years ago. I made a slow transition in those two years mainly because I watched Earthlings. As a Vegan life is so different and I look at the world with different eyes then I did before. I am more aware of everything as well as more present and more grateful for what I have. I simply started to believe and my life is full of blessings and has opened new doors for me that would never happen unless I started to believe.

My big passion is to give to people something meaningful that they can visually admire. Most people think the visual aspect of their business is not important... But that's not the truth as that's the most important thing. You first see something and if what you see made you feel something, you stay, if not you leave. Simple. :)

I want everyone to feel proud of what they achieved and to say; hey look how cool my website is or my product or my page or my whole company!

Ps. I have to admit I also feel proud when I see my designs in other people's lives. :)

Thank you for reading my introduction and for making this forum still active.

Hello & welcome. 👋

Aside the business aspect, tell us more about yourself. :)

You know everyone wants to talk about themselves... (I'm no different)
I have studied in art school (Frida Kahlo, Marina Abramovic, Andy Warhol, Yayoi Kusama and many more inspire me in that time)
I did acting in the theater (I feel like I'm many different people) Hmm... I like to think that all my ex-girlfriends were the right ones... I know it might be strange but I really still have love for all of them even if some broke my heart... Just starting to type some random stuff now so I will stop there before this turns to be a novel about me. 🤪

I am a graduate student currently of social science, but about to enter an anthrozoology program. I have an environmental science degree, and an associates of general natural sciences before that. I am a human personification of the duality of man.

I grew up in the South, but am now a dyed-in-the-wool Californian (I literally wrote my mother a card last weekend "I am not ever going to leave California, if you would like to come here you can stay with me"). I come from generations of working class people, my great-grandfather died building railroads, and my most treasured maternal grandpa built bridges and designed roads that opened West Virginia away from inbreeding and prided himself on traveling the world from his late teens until late in his sixties. He used the military to become an engineer. My father was literally a musician, and my parents traveled together when they were first married. I knew the most traditional old people and the craziest young people.

I am kind of a translator between two worlds. I was able, while living in LA, to pass imperceptibly from the streets of Compton to the mansions of wealthy people, this has always been my personality. I can convince a pimp to protect me at a bus stop at sundown in the inner city, and talk to upper middle class people at dinner parties.

My dream in my early 20s was always to go to grad school. I always thought really special privileged people got to go grad school. So here I am.

I try to understand other people's points of views, but I can also be deeply unpleasant. I have a low tolerance for misinformation. Especially when it's something factually verifiable.

I worked to get where I am, but I also don't believe in self-made men. I am aggressively defensive of animals and the environment, but I'm actually more tolerant of vegetarianism than some vegans, because I have learned to choose my battles. I also don't logically see the point in getting upset over a spoonful of mayonnaise when cattle ranching is almost single-handedly destroying our planet.

I think I'm one of those people you either love or you hate.