Oil-free crisps and healthy snacks

mamen

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I have been trying to find healthy plant based snacks (packed crisps, nachos and so) without oil and sugar in the UK without any luck, have found some in the States, but is really no help if you want something relatively cheap to use every day.
Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Have you considered making your own maybe? Ebay sell something which allows you to do this I believe... might be worth checking out if you're finding it difficult to find some in the shops?!

I wish you luck finding oil free snacks. I love spicy crisps and chilli coated peanuts but unfortunately they are only ok once in a while but not for regular snacks.

I have been trying to find healthy plant based snacks (packed crisps, nachos and so) without oil and sugar in the UK without any luck, have found some in the States, but is really no help if you want something relatively cheap to use every day.
Any suggestions??

Thanks!

I can't find such things in Canada either....at least not many. I came to the conclusion the best way was to make my own snacks, which I do.

Air popped popcorn is a great snack. I usually top it with some nutritional yeast. I love roasted chickpeas. I usually spice them up with some hot peppers, garlic, smoked paprika, etc. I make my own kale chips too. Most roasted veggies to me are snack-worthy. Like homemade potato chips, for example. I've also learned to snack on fresh veggies too. Hummus is snack-worthy too, and easy to make without oil. I often dip my snackable veggies in hummus. I do make a two ingredient no oil flat bread for the hummus as well. Also, try Googling "oil free snacks" and you'd be amazed at the recipes.

Next on my list of appliances is an air fryer.

I have a feeling the OP is long gone, but hopefully the information is useful to someone else.

Reactions: Lou