October Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might sign up for a virtual race this month. I've never tried one of those before. This one is through the Zombies, Run! app. I would do just the 5k run and focus on my speed. All the races I've done before were just to see if I could finish. I'd like to try and place a bit higher than usual (usually I'm in the bottom 10, haha.)

Not sure if I'll do it, though. I have a lot of things on my mind lately.

I saw my doctor last week, and she put me on a wait list to see a therapist. I also asked her to increase the dosage of my antidepressants. The dosage I'm on now is actually lower than usual. Anyway. I've also downloaded a new app that I'm hoping will help with my motivation: Habitica. It gamifies your life by turning your "to do list" into somethign that earns you experience points for your little RPG character. It's cute. On day 4 of using it, and so far it is helping.

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
I was going to be so, so motivated in October!!! Then we had a heat wave. 🥴

No motivation here. Had the whole thyroid biopsy scare and now it’s too dark to walk before work. I will try and figure something out.

I have not being doing so well on my food intake. I have cut back on salt pretty well but that damn sugar is a huge challenge! I am sticking with the treadmill every day though so that is a plus!

Reactions: Katrina and KLS52
I signed up for the race!

For the past few weeks, I gave myself some slack on the running by doing just 2 days instead of 3. I think this week I'll go back to 3 days while I try to improve my speed. The training schedule I'm following involves lots of sprinting to help develop muscles in the glutes and legs.

At some point I would like to join a gym, though I'll likely put it off until we get snow. One of my goals for next summer is to do a one-woman camping trip. That means strengthening my upper body. I need to be able to carry a canoe by myself for maybe 4-5 km, depending on which campsite I end up booking. And I'll need to be able to do that while carrying a fully-loaded backpack.

Aaand I also want to do the spartan race next year. Now that I have a vehicle, I'll be able to drive there by myself. I don't need to worry about finding someone to go with. So this winter will involve spartan training too.

Reactions: KLS52
No motivation here. Had the whole thyroid biopsy scare and now it’s too dark to walk before work. I will try and figure something out.
Sorry KLS, must've missed this. Hope everything is ok :smitten:

Back to pre-pregnancy weight which is quite pleasing. However I really need to be more active & get fit again plus focus on making healthier food choices (it's snacks for me...meals are always pretty healthy.)

STEP AWAY FROM THE BISCUITS RACHEL!

I forced myself to get out there this morning and a half mile in it started to feel so good. Like an old friend coming home. I did two miles. :)

Got my readings - clearly that metabolic age helped with the weight loss 🤣

20191015_202646.jpg20191015_202610.jpg20191015_202551.jpg20191015_202538.jpg

Yeah been a bad month health wise. Still struggling but I did walk Saturday. Felt so good. Then it was pouring rain yesterday. I think I’m going to put in a time off slip for an hour every day Tuesday through Friday this week. If I go in at 9 instead of 8 I will have time to walk before work. Damned darkness. I hate it. But now that I think about it, maybe I should say damned job. :lol:

Yeah been a bad month health wise. Still struggling but I did walk Saturday. Felt so good. Then it was pouring rain yesterday. I think I’m going to put in a time off slip for an hour every day Tuesday through Friday this week. If I go in at 9 instead of 8 I will have time to walk before work. Damned darkness. I hate it. But now that I think about it, maybe I should say damned job. :lol:

Tell us more about your walks. Do you go out alone ? How far and where do you walk ? Do you manage to walk until you feel your heart racing ?;)

Tell us more about your walks. Do you go out alone ? How far and where do you walk ? Do you manage to walk until you feel your heart racing ?;)
Yes I go alone. I live on a dead end. There are four roads, all culs de sacs that connect. When I go out my door I go down a steep hill. Then up another, not so steep but almost 1/2 mile long hill. The rest is pretty flat until I head back and hit the first steep hill towards home.

It’s a nice area. I love it. The worst part are the dogs. Some of them charge at me barking and scare the living daylights out of me. That definitely gets my heart racing. :lol: Just a few weeks ago I was actually jumped by a puppy that got away from his owner...almost knocked me down! He was so cute though and I could see that while rather large, he was a friendly puppy. When I saw him on Saturday, what a change in his behavior. He was obviously well trained, walking off leash, and did not come near me when his owner told him to stay. I love well behaved dogs, lol.

A few times a deer will run out from a bush and we startle each other. It’s kind of comical. Just like you would see on tv where both parties stop, look at each other, and go EEEK!! Haha. 😊

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
Status
Not open for further replies.