October 24th is National iPod day

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Play music on your iPod or any mobile device in honor of the revolutionary technology that changed the way we listen to music. Share your first iPod and your favorite playlist. How many playlists do you have? Do you have a favorite podcast or produce one? #iPodDay to post on social media.

My first iPod was an iPod shuffle. The 1st gen from 2005.
I also have owned the iPod nano - 3rd gen and an iPod Touch.

I still have my iPod nano. It's the one with a built-in FM radio and it's great for listening to the radio broadcast while watching the game with the sound turned off. It has a pause button and you can sync it up with the TV.

I have about 20 playlists. They serve different purposes and different moods. A lot of them are for different kinds of exercise. My favorite one is "New Music". This is where I put the most recent songs I acquire. I love podcasts. I start each day with Up First from NPR.

Favorite iPod ad:

I have an iPod Nano. It doesn't have a radio. I don't remember which generation but it is old. It has a ton of my favorite "oldies" music on it but I never use it anymore.

I had a second generation Nano. My sister bought it for me to encourage me to go out walking, but I never used it to its full potential. I still have it, even though it died years ago, because I just haven’t gotten around to getting it recycled. I use my iPhone now for all my music, and yes, I have playlists for walking, three of them specifically designed for that purpose, although the third one is still being built. I try to keep them at no more than about 30 minutes in length, and decided to create more than one because I was getting tired of listening to the same music repeatedly.

After watching that little movie I realized I have an iPod nano 5th. Because it has a little video camera built-in.

Who even uses those anymore with phones doing everything?
I still have my iPod nano 5th g. In fact my first one broke down and when I saw a similar one in my friends car I traded an old portable external hard drive for it.

I only use mine on days with football games. The little radio has a pause button and I can usually sync the tv broadcast with the radio broadcast. I like the guys who do the local radio broadcast cause they are homies and also because they actually narrate the game.

Back in the day I had one of those Nike+ kits that tracked the distance you walked with an accelerometer. you attached it to your shoe. I also had a "car kit" that played the iPod thru the cassette player. I actually still use that with my iPhone. but I need a dongle to convert the lighting jack to an audio jack. I suppose my next car will probably have a usb or bluetooth.

Reactions: Chryssie
I killed two early generation iPods and decided they just weren't for me. I had a SanDisk mp3 player that lasted way longer. :D

My first iPod was the Nano 2nd generation. I still have it even though it no longer works, because I haven’t gotten around to turning it in for recycling. My next iPod was the Touch, 6th generation. It worked okay, although it was kind of slow, until the cover got warped and came off. I’m not sure if I’m going to recycle it or try to get it repaired. Probably recycle it, because now I have an iPod Touch 7th generation which works fine. I’m pretty sure it’s my last iPod, because my latest iPhone has a lot of storage space now for music and video.

Reactions: PTree15
24. October is and always will be United Nations Day.

Apple's attempted takeover of the day is a sad reminder of the state of the world we live in.

Just saying.
well, maybe you are kidding?

but I don't think Apple had any bad intentions for the UN.
Can you imagine?
Jon: Steve we can't have our small press event on Tuesday. Its UN Day.
Steve: its just a small press event. Twenty years from now no one will care.

Oh, BTW, I hadn't realized this but that small press event that introduced the world, or at least to a few tech reporters, happened 20 years ago today.

I had an MP3 player 20 years ago. It was made by Phillips (I think). I had that for 5+ years until I replaced it with the iPod shuffle - first generation. I got my first cassette adapter back then. I loved the shuffle for road trips. and for podcasts.

I still have the shuffle somewhere but just a few year after that I got my first nano - 2nd generation. I got the nano with the Nike + kit for running.

Which I replaced just a few years later with the 5th generation.

I also had an iPod touch for a while.

Now of course I have an iPhone .

I still have my Nano which I think is second generation. It is in a drawer right beside me actually but I haven't played it in years!