November Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping to get more walks in once we turn the clocks back. It will mean I can get out there at 6:30 and still get to work on time.

I wonder what my excuse is going to be once I’m retired. :???::shrug:😁

Reactions: Val
I am resolving to get back into regular exercise. I've slacked long enough.

Reactions: Val
I’m hoping to get more walks in once we turn the clocks back. It will mean I can get out there at 6:30 and still get to work on time.

I wonder what my excuse is going to be once I’m retired. :???::shrug:😁

I'm sure that you will easily find one or more thanks to your imagination. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
OMG!!! I was waiting for daylight so I could go walking. I went to check the outside temp so I would know how many layers to put on, thinking it would be around 40 degrees. IT’S FLIPPIN 27 DEGREES OUT THERE. I don’t think I can do it. It’s so cold in the house already. I don’t think I can bundle up enough and still be able to move, lol. Damn! And the sun isn’t out yet, either. It’s just starting to peak out on the horizon.

OMG!!! I was waiting for daylight so I could go walking. I went to check the outside temp so I would know how many layers to put on, thinking it would be around 40 degrees. IT’S FLIPPIN 27 DEGREES OUT THERE. I don’t think I can do it. It’s so cold in the house already. I don’t think I can bundle up enough and still be able to move, lol. Damn! And the sun isn’t out yet, either. It’s just starting to peak out on the horizon.
even with a scraf across my face, and 35 F, my nose was constantly running. When I get inside the warmer temps I sneeze and sneeze and sneeze.
Suggestions?

Man. This old age stuff is for the birds!

I'm afraid I can't walk the way I like anymore. For the last month, I've had deep pain in my hip sockets and I'm sure it's because of my daily walking. I've also been very confined by constant lower back pain. This severity of issues is new, but it's been building for the past couple of years. Lifting those granddaughters always sets me back and I can no longer quickly recover from their visits. :(

So we've just joined the YMCA. We were members at Golds Gym, but it caters to a younger crowd. Now we have access to indoor and outdoor pools, and equipment and classes all over the city. I'm interested in water aerobics (maybe???) and using the elliptical machines and stationary bikes. Now I just need to make myself go. It's just SO much easier to put on my sneaks, turn on my book and walk around the neighborhood and pet the neighborhood cats and dogs. At least with the Y, there's no long term commitment and if I don't go, I can just quit.

I'm also starting with a chiropractor. I had my initial meeting with her last week and got X-rays. I see her Wednesday for an evaluation and my initial adjustment. I'm a little skeptical that she can help, but we'll see.

So here's to this month of changing colors, changing temperatures and brighter mornings. And here's hoping my attitude can adjust as well! Lol.

Reactions: Chryssie
Man. This old age stuff is for the birds!

I'm afraid I can't walk the way I like anymore. For the last month, I've had deep pain in my hip sockets and I'm sure it's because of my daily walking. I've also been very confined by constant lower back pain. This severity of issues is new, but it's been building for the past couple of years. Lifting those granddaughters always sets me back and I can no longer quickly recover from their visits. :(

So we've just joined the YMCA. We were members at Golds Gym, but it caters to a younger crowd. Now we have access to indoor and outdoor pools, and equipment and classes all over the city. I'm interested in water aerobics (maybe???) and using the elliptical machines and stationary bikes. Now I just need to make myself go. It's just SO much easier to put on my sneaks, turn on my book and walk around the neighborhood and pet the neighborhood cats and dogs. At least with the Y, there's no long term commitment and if I don't go, I can just quit.

I'm also starting with a chiropractor. I had my initial meeting with her last week and got X-rays. I see her Wednesday for an evaluation and my initial adjustment. I'm a little skeptical that she can help, but we'll see.

So here's to this month of changing colors, changing temperatures and brighter mornings. And here's hoping my attitude can adjust as well! Lol.
Have you tried taking tumeric/black pepper daily? I know it' talked about, just can't remember if it was you.
I'm trying to get used to golden milk at night. I chug 1/4 teasp mixed in water every morning. It definitely helps my inflammation in knuckles and ankles
Just a pinch of pepper. Turmeric and Health: The Latest Research | NutritionFacts.org

After making my white flour bagels and pretzels last weekend I've discovered just how awful processed flour makes me feel! So much stiffness!

Reactions: KLS52
Well, I have to get back to tracking my food regularly. I have really been slacking off in recording everything. It is so tedious! I know this is the only way I can actually lose weight though.
My exercise program is my treadmill walk every day but I need to start lifting my little hand weights more often.
Good luck to all this month!

Need to get up for my second morning walk in a row but I’m watching a really good Christmas movie and Joon is sleeping on my lap. I hate to disturb her but I can’t miss this opportunity to get out there.

Need to get up for my second morning walk in a row but I’m watching a really good Christmas movie and Joon is sleeping on my lap. I hate to disturb her but I can’t miss this opportunity to get out there.
If you don't mind telling me, what movie are you watching? (I want to watch it too!) :woo:

If you don't mind telling me, what movie are you watching? (I want to watch it too!) :woo:
Oh, sorry...I just saw this. It’s called Christmas at Cartwright’s. Such a cute movie. This single mom goes into a department store to get a job and she ends up playing the store Santa. Of course, there are twist and turns and misunderstandings, lol. But ultimately a happy ending of course.

Thanks! :hug: This is funny: i've had difficulties with finding this movie (so, not yet, i guess,- maybe next day off), but i found a nice movie for teenagers instead, lol (without russian translation, of course). It's called "Christmas princess". I will watch it, as it's quite "educational" for foreign "students", like me, hahaha. (IF i even understand anything, as i've already noticed, that the main characters are speaking very fast and chewing the words and swallowing the words' endings. They're playing teenagers, so no wonder. It's really hard to listen to a foreign language, when you have to "guess" all the time, considering that you are even not familiar with some words! When you can hear the whole word (a new one), you can either guess what it means, or look it up in the dictionary, if [again] you can guess how it should be spelled; but if you hear a bunch of strange sounds instead of words, they don't line up into a sentence in your poor head :lol:. ...The other actors speak normally though.) ...But i need to devour something first,- otherwise i'll be "like a hedgehog in the fog".:rofl:

Reactions: KLS52
Oh, sorry...I just saw this. It’s called Christmas at Cartwright’s. Such a cute movie. This single mom goes into a department store to get a job and she ends up playing the store Santa. Of course, there are twist and turns and misunderstandings, lol. But ultimately a happy ending of course.
Have you seen this one? Is it worth watching?

Yes I saw that one. I think it’s entertaining enough but not one of my favorites.

It snowed here earlier than usual, and it's not going away (usually it snows, melts, snows, melts, all November). It has messed with my running routine, and I'm feeling cranky. Must check out the gym this weekend and put together a new routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.