November Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't stop mucus from welling in my sinuses, and sneezing a lot. I actually called off work, but I don't really feel bad - I mean besides the nose blowing and sneezing attacks.. Not tired or achy or coughing.
Taking oil of oregano and drinking miso soup, and the vitamin c tablets I got last year

Now that I'm feeling a lot better if really like to be a bit more active. I've barely moved for months!

Think I'll go swimming & try to go for a few walks. Nothing too strenuous.

Reactions: Katrina and KLS52
October was a bust for me for continuing my weight loss. Between vacation and having company most of the month, I was lucky to not gain any weight. I hope November allows more time for healthy meal planning. We have company this weekend, but I believe that's all we expect for a while.

I'm down 14 pounds from my high of last April, and I'd like to lose 5 more. But I'm in no hurry.

Good luck, everyone. And good health!

October was a bust for me for continuing my weight loss. Between vacation and having company most of the month, I was lucky to not gain any weight. I hope November allows more time for healthy meal planning. We have company this weekend, but I believe that's all we expect for a while.

I'm down 14 pounds from my high of last April, and I'd like to lose 5 more. But I'm in no hurry.

Good luck, everyone. And good health!

Well done. :up: How did you manage to lose so much weight ?

I have been unable to get back into any sort of walking routine since the issue with my back/pelvis/hip. It has been much better but still acts up. I can’t seem to get a walk in more than two days a week. I miss it so much. :(

I have been doing more yoga/stretching.

I gained about four of the twelve pounds back over the last month. Probably because of not feeling well and being more inactive. But I’m still down 24 pounds from when I started WW in 2014. That’s impressive, I think...that I didn’t just gain it all back by now.

I gained about four of the twelve pounds back over the last month. Probably because of not feeling well and being more inactive. But I’m still down 24 pounds from when I started WW in 2014. That’s impressive, I think...that I didn’t just gain it all back by now.

That certainly is.

Well,, I have completely lost motivation to exercise.. even after having to stop a few weeks ago, but when I tried to start again.... things happening outdoors.. people being dicks outside the property, where my circuit is.. council people this time though, not the walkers/cyclists..

and then when that issue was sorted we have had 2 storms.. so I havent been able to use my circuit for 4 more days!

The circuit was very central to my plan and without it I stopped doing the indoor exercises too..

it is still really windy out but might be able to use my circuit today as it isnt raining and the wind isnt as bad as it was the last 2 days..

So maybe I will start again..

I finally called my gym to find out if my membership expired. It renewed automatically. Yay! So I'll probably go later tonight.

My other good news is that H wants us to start eating healthy together. He gave me his debit card and asked me to buy groceries for him (he always grabs chips and junk of he goes himself) and cook him food. So I got the food yesterday and started making him stuff today. We'll try it for a week to see how it goes... hopefully he doesn't change his mind! *fingers crossed*

I went to the gym last night and did an upper body workout. I managed to do 8 regular push ups this time. When I first started, I could only do 3.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
The whole "eating healthy together" thing with H is working out well so far. I'm more motivated to cook now that it's for someone besides just me, and H likes what I've cooked so far. I'm lucky that he likes simple food... all I did last night was make mashed potatoes, onion gravy, and steamed frozen veggies served with leftover baked beans ... and he was very happy with that.

I went to the gym again last night and managed to do a full set of 10 regular push ups. I pushed myself harder than usual with the rest of my workout and came home with such tired arms I could hardly wash my hair. haha. Now I need to put together a lower-body routine.

Well done. :up: How did you manage to lose so much weight ?

Basically I upped my walking to between 2.5 and 3 miles most days, quit adding creamer and agave to my coffee, refused all offers of fried potato products :rolleyes:, and stopped snacking on nuts and peanut better - instead opting for apples, celery and occasionally a few Triscuits.

I am trying to get back to my rigid (but successful) habits, but life is messing with my head at the moment, and I'm not being as strict as I was. :(

Basically I upped my walking to between 2.5 and 3 miles most days, quit adding creamer and agave to my coffee, refused all offers of fried potato products :rolleyes:, and stopped snacking on nuts and peanut better - instead opting for apples, celery and occasionally a few Triscuits.

I am trying to get back to my rigid (but successful) habits, but life is messing with my head at the moment, and I'm not being as strict as I was. :(
I did great from January through July then slowly started slipping. So frustrating and difficult to be so rigid all of the time. :hug:

I did great from January through July then slowly started slipping. So frustrating and difficult to be so rigid all of the time. :hug:

That is certainly frustrating when you have to always watch what you eat. It is the number one reason why dieters fail miserably.

I'v been going through a rough patch and will resume my daily walk today.

I did another workout last night. This time I was able to do a full set of 10 regular pushups. For my second set, I could only do 5 regular pushups. My goal is to be able to do 3 sets of 10 reps. For some reason, I felt utterly exhausted afterwards (more than usual) and just went home, showered, and went to bed.

Today I'm still weirdly tired. Not sure if I'll manage to do my lower body workout.

I see.;) Giving up unhealthy snacks is always a good idea, due to the high calorie and very often unhealthy type of food.
Snacking on vegetables and chickpea puree is not only satisfying but healthy.

However, why give up creamer in coffee ? I think that it's important to have a treat and still enjoy either coffee or even a tipple when dieting.
Moreover, they are a lot of natural sweeteners available if you want to give up sugar.

Anyway, well done. :up:

Reactions: Val
However, why give up creamer in coffee ? I think that it's important to have a treat and still enjoy either coffee or even a tipple when dieting.
Moreover, they are a lot of natural sweeteners available if you want to give up sugar.

Anyway, well done. :up:

One of my goals was to have a breakfast as low in sugar as possible. I'm really not much of a sweets person - meaning I rarely have dessert and am not prone to bingeing on sweets. But every morning I would have two cups of coffee with Silk soy creamer and agave. In each cup, I probably had close to a tablespoon of each, adding 80 calories and 5 grams of sugar. When I discovered I was adding 160 calories and 10 grams of sugar to my breakfast, it was a wake up call. And those were relatively easy calories to forego, once I was over the initial shock of black coffee. :eek:

Besides, I'd rather give up creamer and sweetner than an occasional tipple. ;)

I've been doing videos and walking outside, though this weekend was a wash because I had company and I didn't really get in any workouts. Back on the health train tomorrow, though. :)

Reactions: Poppy and Val
Status
Not open for further replies.