Not providing a vegan option

Should community events always try to supply vegan items?

• No, it's the job of people with dietary restrictions to be responsible and care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe someone should float a pre-event survey to prevent mistakes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GreenHugeBig

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
So I'm a prop for my women's rec rugby team and we recently went to an invitational (like a tournament). It's traditionally the job of the home team to provide the post-game snack. As a captain, I feel I always try to provide a variety of options so that people of different backgrounds and dietary restrictions can recover some calories & electrolytes and socialize freely.

But the other team brought- and I kid you not, Chips Ahoy, popcorn baggies, and Pedialyte & water. This explained to her that some of us can't consume that kind of food, and this person dares to tell me my business that it's not her job to account for my diet. It's bad enough we're all tired and hungry from losing to them, by not providing the proper food. For me, it's not worth elevating the complaint to the league president, but I found it incredibly rude.

After I got home yesterday, I wondered if I was overreacting. What do you guys think?

When my kids played soccer the usual snacks were orange or apple segments and bananas! Granola bars would be a good option.
I feel at events like these it's best to provide things that will accomodate as many people as possible-vegan, gluten and soy free, low or no sugar. Simple, healthy

When my kids played soccer the usual snacks were orange or apple segments and bananas! Granola bars would be a good option.
I feel at events like these it's best to provide things that will accomodate as many people as possible-vegan, gluten and soy free, low or no sugar. Simple, healthy

I thought there was some rule that orange segments were the official snack. but maybe that is only in girls soccer.