NO Norwegian police fired two shots in 2014

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Norwegian police fired just two shots in the entire of 2014, neither of which killed or injured anyone, according to statistics published last month.
More: Norway Police fired just two shots last year - The Local

The year before they had fired three shots, injuring two people.

(Norway has a population of 5 million people, with most of the troublemakers located in the capital, Oslo, a city of ~650K people.)

As a reader of the Harry Hole series of mysteries, I would have expected a lot more mayhem in Norway. Serial killers, professional hit men, corrupt police officials....:p

We are a quiet little contry. It is a bit strange still to see the police armed, but starting to get used to it.

We've had only one serial killer here, if you don't count Belle Gunnes that moved to the US. After he got out of prision, he ended up as a soldier in the Salvation Army (I'm not sure if he's still alive or not).

The biggest thing that has happened here, is of cause 22nd July and the bombing and shooting four years ago. He will probably be the first one that can be in prision for lifetime.

With 40 homicide a year, we have a rate on under 10 homicies per 1 000 000 inhabitants. I guess that isn't that bad. And most of them are close related to the killer, so the chance of getting killed buy someone stranger is quite low, even though it happens of cause.