Non-alcoholic vegan wines

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I've found an online shop that sells non-alcoholic vegan wines, but I'd prefer to buy it from my local supermarkets. Does it exist?

Last edited:
:eek: PayPal! This would be awesome. I clicked on “About” and it says they service customers in Europe and the US, but when I clicked on “Delivery” and it mentions everything but the US.
:???:

I may have to send Stuart an email. :)

:drunk: I never get to use this smiley. Guess it still won’t apply lol.

We have a large selection of alcohol free wines in supermarkets over here, including sparkling white ones.

Last edited:
Fraid I would rather drink half a glass of Rioja than half a gallon of
Domaine de la Prade Organic Merlot/Shiraz alcohol free wine

I would imagine (know for a fact that over here it's the main reason) that it's for people who's religion forbids them
to drink alcohol. Moreover, some people who have liver disease also cannot drink alcohol.

When you get older your body also has a hard time to process alcohol.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I only have a somewhat shallow understanding of wines :) I knew that already, but it became very apparent the other day when I was listening to a wine tasting programme on BBC radio. There is apparently a whole special language used to describe the tastes!

Fair enough. I only have a somewhat shallow understanding of wines :) I knew that already, but it became very apparent the other day when I was listening to a wine tasting programme on BBC radio. There is apparently a whole special language used to describe the tastes!

Wine tasting can be very complicated. However, once you learn the basics ( this would entail doing a lot of wine tasting) it does get easier to understand the language.

It always makes me smile when waiters pour some wine so that the customer can give his approval before everyone's served. Most people have absolutely no idea of what they should be tasting or saying !:p

Wine tasting can be very complicated. However, once you learn the basics ( this would entail doing a lot of wine tasting) it does get easier to understand the language.

It always makes me smile when waiters pour some wine so that the customer can give his approval before everyone's served. Most people have absolutely no idea of what they should be tasting or saying !:p
Here in Spain everyone knows very well how Rioja or Ribera del Duero should taste. If it's not good all you need to say is "No".

When you get older your body also has a haerd time to process alcohol.
That's why I only drink half a glass and I drink it slowly. In summer Tinto de Verano (wine and Spanish lemonade with ice) is often drunk and red wine is usually drunk straight from the fridge in summer.

That's why I only drink half a glass and I drink it slowly. In summer Tinto de Verano (wine and Spanish lemonade with ice) is often drunk and red wine is usually drunk straight from the fridge in summer.

I could also manage half a glass of wine, however prefer to have a few alcohol free days per week. It is much kinder to your liver to give it a few days to regenerate.

Our bodies are so different when it comes to alcohol tolerance. I have a few family members who are over 90 and in their late 80 's and they all drink wine every day. One couple have 2 glasses each, every evening. Another cousin has 2 bourbons and my other lady cousin has approximately 4 glasses of wine per day. None of them suffer with migraines (hangovers) or alcohol intolerance.

I would suggest that Tinto de Verano (Red wine with Gaseosa) is an abomination of its own to most "serious" wine drinkers (of which I am not necessarily one), however I agree it is refreshing in summer :D

I would suggest that Tinto de Verano (Red wine with Gaseosa) is an abomination of its own to most "serious" wine drinkers (of which I am not necessarily one), however I agree it is refreshing in summer :D
I agree that at this time of year Tinto de Verano is not good. However in summer we need all the help we can get in Spain. I doubt if many "serious" wine drinkers can stop drinking after half a glass. I would be seriously worried if anyone called me a serious wine drinker.

Naming somebody a "serious" wine drinker would solely be referring to the quality of wine they ingest, not the quantity...
But indeed, "Connoisseur" might be the better term to use.

I could also manage half a glass of wine, however prefer to have a few alcohol free days per week. It is much kinder to your liver to give it a few days to regenerate.

Our bodies are so different when it comes to alcohol tolerance. I have a few family members who are over 90 and in their late 80 's and they all drink wine every day. One couple have 2 glasses each, every evening. Another cousin has 2 bourbons and my other lady cousin has approximately 4 glasses of wine per day. None of them suffer with migraines (hangovers) or alcohol intolerance.
Naming somebody a "serious" wine drinker would solely be referring to the quality of wine they ingest, not the quantity...
Quality is a subjective category. "Connoisseur" is a bit too elitist/snobbish a term for me. I spend 2 euros 50 (mas o menos) for my favourite wine of the moment (Pata Negra, a Rioja wine). I have paid more than 12 euros for worse wine and I mean a wine from the supermarket. Some of my friends call my favourite tea "builders' tea". It hits the right spot for me.

That's not the way I understood it. Would a tippler be the more appropriate word ?;)

I had a bottle of quite inexpensive non-alcoholic vegan wine from Waitrose called something like 'red mix' - it was not good!