TV & Film Noah movie is (good) vegan propaganda

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
How do you make a movie involving an ark filled with animals that doesn't use a single real animal? My interest in Darren Aronofsky's "Noah" was piqued when I heard this detail about its production, then heightened when I learned the spread for the movie's premiere was vegan.

When I saw some grumbling about the vegan director ticking people off by injecting such elements into the telling of this hallowed story, I had to check it out, and I'm back to report that yes, "Noah" is indeed, gopherwood-wall-to-gopherwood-wall, vegan propaganda.
Full article: Yes, 'Noah' is totally vegan propaganda (Vance Lehmkuhl in the V for Vegan blog on philly.com, April 2, 2014)

Reactions: Trinity
Full article: Yes, 'Noah' is totally vegan propaganda (Vance Lehmkuhl in the V for Vegan blog on philly.com, April 2, 2014)

I am going to watch this movie this weekend. They used CGI to replace all the animals.

There is a very good discussion about it on the Our Hen House podcast this week in the second interview with Noah Gittell. The first interview is also great about the Non Human Right Project.

http://www.ourhenhouse.org/2014/05/...he-cost-of-noticing-is-to-become-responsible/