Physical Exercise No Doms

adam.app1

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Since I transitioned to a Plant-based diet, I no longer get delayed onset muscle soreness, I feel super-human.

I now go to the gym everyday. My performance had changed to an incredible level.

I’m in the army and I beat my SCR (6 monthly fitness test), Which is a 2.5km run 2 minutes faster. I was at the front of the pack which has never happened before.

I originally went vegan for animal welfare and environmental reasons, but I was never expecting to see a improvement on my physical fitness.

What is it about plants that is making me perform better than I ever could, the results are amazing, what is the science behind this?

Don't go to the gym Everyday. You need a day of rest. Its good for you mind and its good for your body.
A lot of people forget that you body needs time to rebuild and repair.

That being said, not everyone sees such remarkable results as you are describing. However there is plenty of evidence that animal products are not all that good for us. But I think a lot of the benefits has to do with just increased awareness of our diets. Most vegans are must more aware, more careful, and more discriminating about what food they eat.

If you haven't already seen it you should watch the Game Changers. It's on Netflix but you can also probably find it for for rent or at the library.

There are any number of good blogs and books, you might start with the No Meat Athlete.

congrats on your decision to go vegan and welcome to the forum

As @Lou suggested you will find many answers in Game Changers but one of the simple answers is that animal products can be/are inflammatory to the body and when those inflammatory foods are removed your body has the opportunity to heal and to excel. Oils (even plant based ones) can also be inflammatory and so eating a whole food planted based (as much as you can) is the most healthy for most people. Starches (potatoes, pastas, rice, breads, vegetables, beans) supply the energy that the body needs, proteins are important and yet the energy comes from the starches.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou