Newly vegan, on a unique journey with food

Benjamin Ehinger

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I have taken the leap, along with my wife and we are now practicing vegans. It was a bit of a journey for me from a true meat eater (literally every meal, sometimes as the main and a side) to a once a week flexitairan, to a pescatarian to a vegetarian to vegan. However, it didn't take long to go through it all....about 2 months.

I started with the Food Babe Way Book and graduated to How Not To Die before my wife and I started watching all kinds of Netflix documentaries about the plant-based diet, slaughter houses and how animal agriculture is basically ruining our planet. Now, I don't eat anything that comes from animals and I have about a dozen good reasons why instead of just weight loss or health.

I am Benjamin Ehinger and I run a blog that went from a productivity blog to a productivity/vegan blog. I have always thought diet was attached to productivity, but it never became so evident until I realized eating animals basically turns your body into a processing plant for dead food!

Great post, Benjamin. I've been vegan for 14 years, and I'm constantly finding out new info - there's more and more each day, which is brilliant.

I'll certainly check out your site.