Newbie and a question for the ladies

Lillibby

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi I’m new. I’m from the UK and just transitioning from Veggie to Vegan.

Hope this is ok to post, little personal but did any of you find going vegan helped your periods? Pain wise etc? Trying not to be graphic here lol.

I always had very heavy, painful periods so was put on the pill which for 8 years has been the magic cure with no issues. Sadly it’s been disconnected and I’m being forced to stop taking it. I refuse to change to another pill as had bad experiences so I’m going cold turkey as of next month and terrified. I’m so upset.

They’ve always been so light on the pill and pain free, and this year they’ve been barely there so I’m praying that’s a good sign that I won’t go back to a living hell once off it.

I read a vegan diet really helps a women’s cycle and I was wondering if anyone could offer me some reassurance?

Hmmm I don't know why you can't view it. Try just searching for it. Perhaps that link which I searched from my account will only come up IN my account.

Reactions: Lillibby
Hello and welcome. I'm one of the ladies that found that a vegan diet hasn't helped my periods. I do however know that I have a uterine fibroid, which could be attributed to my troubles. Have you had an ultrasound to see if you have fibroids?

Hello and welcome. I'm one of the ladies that found that a vegan diet hasn't helped my periods. I do however know that I have a uterine fibroid, which could be attributed to my troubles. Have you had an ultrasound to see if you have fibroids?
Hi, yes, scan showed no issues and it was put down to hormones as I had developed cystic acne. I even saw a gynaecologist and he said scan showed a small increase in size of my uterus but not the size of a pregnant or anything sinister, and no fibroids etc so put it down to 3 babies and prescribed the pill. My mum and sisters have heavy periods, seems to be a lovely family trait lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Forest Nymph
Not really. I have always had heavy periods and cramps. However, I do not have cramps so bad that I literally am immobilized in pain. I used to get these horrible cramps that were like being stabbed. Those are gone. Also, I used to have breast pain before my periods. I no longer have that. At most I have irritability and sleep issues right before hand, and no stabby pains during.

People who lose their periods typically do so because they are underweight or have too little body fat to reproduce.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lillibby and Val