New

Welcome! My father was from Bend. Grandfather, actually (raised by my grandparents). The last time I was in Bend was in the late 70s. I've heard it's very different now.

Welcome!

Reactions: betiPT
Bend is terrific for Outdoor Recreation. and like the top place for Californians to go to and retire.
In the 70s, I so badly wanted to find a job there. K Falls was the best I could do.

Reactions: TofuRobot
Bend is terrific for Outdoor Recreation. and like the top place for Californians to go to and retire.
In the 70s, I so badly wanted to find a job there. K Falls was the best I could do.
Thanks for the heads-up, @Lou . I don't want to "retire" anywhere that's known as a place where people retire, LOL. I want to live in a city where I can walk everywhere or take the subway or metro to go to the symphony or whatever. I won't be "slowing down" as I age, haha

OOh my gosh it is we got lost last year . it huge now.
That's what I've heard. I was about 12 when I was there and there was literally *nothing.* My dad grew up on a farm (eating all the typical "farm foods" - bacon, eggs, meat, cheese, etc... He also passed when he was 71 from heart disease. They knew his disease was caused by diet....). Anyway, I remember the little dirt road leading to my uncle's house, where he had a couple cows and some chickens... I used to ride their pony all over the property (which was huge). I remember he he tried to coerce me into helping him pluck a chicken once. I nearly gagged. Couldn't do it. Bizarre memories...

Thanks for the heads-up, @Lou . I don't want to "retire" anywhere that's known as a place where people retire, LOL. I want to live in a city where I can walk everywhere or take the subway or metro to go to the symphony or whatever. I won't be "slowing down" as I age, haha

Well, I think the attraction for people who retire there is skiing, hiking, kayaking that are right out their backdoor. They have several theatre and music venues, an annual film festival, and several music festivals, and adult education options.

Plus for Californians, much lower prices on the homes.

Well, I think the attraction for people who retire there is skiing, hiking, kayaking that are right out their backdoor. They have several theatre and music venues, an annual film festival, and several music festivals, and adult education options.

Plus for Californians, much lower prices on the homes.
I understand. So many options (even though I can hardly imagine a day when I will fully "retire"). =)

Welcome Welcome :)

This is a great place to be with both nice and intelligent people, enjoy your stay :)

Reactions: Robin
Welcome to the family of Vegans. We are happy to have you with us as we build the community