New Year's Eve

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
What are your plans for tonight ? A cozy evening in front of the fire watching TV or will you be
having a wild party with friends ? :woo:

new-years-eve_~x26805289.jpg

Reactions: Freesia
Nothing, as always.

I'm actually working on December 31, so when I leave work, I might stop somewhere to pick up some groceries, or just something to eat for dinner, go home, eat dinner, give Bear his meds and play with the cats, watch TV, and fall asleep early. Or stay up, watch the ball drop at midnight, and then fall asleep.

Nothing really different from my usual weekday evening plans. :p

I'll have a quiet evening at home with my wife and son. We'll have a bottle of bubbly, but that's the extent of the "partying".

In the past we've particiapted in First Night celebrations, but this year it's too damn cold. Besides all you really do at First Night is look at a few ice sculptures, watch some brief fireworks, and then go home.

Going to the pub. It's 5 minutes walk from our house - definitely not willing to pay extortionate taxi fares to get to & from anywhere else. Also not willing to pay for overpriced tickets or alcohol this year.

Family will be there, plus 2 of my good friends & their families. There will probably be other people we know too, considering that this is a small town.

I used to spend £100 or more going out on New Year's Eve but I would really resent wasting money like that now.

A mate is coming around. We're going to have a Die Hard marathon and drink wine. Rock and roll! :D

:woo:Awesome.

I will be working on New Year's Day so no wild parties for me tonight. (Not that I go to wild parties anyway) I will fix my Tofurkey dinner for myself and do my usual computer and TV stuff as always. I usually watch the festivities in NYC on TV and go to bed as soon as the ball drops welcoming the new year. My son did invite me to come over but I hate driving at night especially on New Year's Eve.

I used to do the traditional New Year polar bear dip on Lake Washington when I was younger. Now that I'm once again living in a cold place, I plan on taking up the habit again. We just happen to be visiting some family near Quebec City for the new year who live on a lake :)

I'm baking my special fantastic carrot cake (which is in the oven now) and Jen bought some vegan ice cream to go with that which will be perfect. We might go to watch some council-funded fireworks in the neighbourhood with Freya, and then she will go to sleep and sleep all night straight through, despite all the random rogue anarchist fireworks that will undoubtedly go off all around the neighbourhood at random times, and not interrupt us while we're watching the new Batman movie on DVD. At least that's the plan .... :)

Gosh I only just twigged that it's NYE today! My fiance has worked christmas day and NYE and will work NYD so we are celebrating on different days so I am out of synch with the real world. Tonight I will do revision, got a pile of ironing to attack, got to cook dinner... it's going to be dull :D

To be fair though I don't really celebrate NYE anymore, I go out for a nice meal with the boyfriend and come home and drink wine and watch TV. A couple of time as a teenager I did the whole going out and drinking till dawn thing, which was fun when I was young and it was novel but I don't get drunk anymore and watching other people getting drunk is very dull. So I prefer food, wine and TV :D

Making dinner, staying in, probably going to bed early (because my boyfriend always falls asleep), possibly sneaking out of bed and drinking a glass of champagne with my roommate.

No wild parties for me. :D...
I plan on cooking myself an awesome dinner, perhaps having a cocktail or two, and listening to some tunes while possibly knitting or crocheting, and then I will watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV.

Early dinner and movie with my daughter(thanks to gift cards from Santa)...back home to chill and whip up some party snacks and her favorite frozen limeade, watch the ball drop,spend some time thinking about 2012 and giving thanks for the good things that came about.

Reactions: Freesia and KLS52
Nothing. It's just another regular night. I never understood the hoopla over New Years Eve. The only good thing about New Year's Day is that most stores are a ghost town as soon as they open due to everyone being home sleeping off their night of drunkeness.

Quiet night for me. Watching Avatar...hadn't seen it yet. Doubt I will stay awake. Should probably record it.