Charity New website for vegan & vegan-interested teens

veganteen1

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi, I created a website for vegan and vegan-interested teens www.veganteen.net.

Although several websites provide great information for vegan teens on different topics, I didn’t find any that brought high quality information together on a wide variety of topics and also showcased the videos and personal stories of vegan teenagers.

The trouble is that I am having a really hard time getting web traffic. I hope you will check it out and see how much work I have put into it.

I will never accept ads, so this is a 100% charitable effort. I just want the information out there for teens to know about!

If anyone knows how to help me spread the word, I would really appreciate it! veganteen-logo-SMALL copy.jpg

bratvada

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Looks really good, spent 5 minutes and already can see a wealth of content.

Usually you need to advertise to spread the word. But maybe you can write to a vegan magazine and see if you get featured at no cost. Worth a try.

Also you could print out some flyers, and leave them in your local vegan cafes - even send them to friends to do this too.

Really great to see your passion from an ex-teenager!! :)

OP
OP
veganteen1

veganteen1

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Thank you!! Ah, there's no even vegetarian restaurants in my area.

But writing to a vegan magazine is a great idea that I definitely can do! My parents subscribe to VegNews so maybe I'll start there! I just googled and see there are some others too.

I can't probably afford advertising, but maybe I could get some free mentions when vegan magazines do articles about young people. I did email TeenVogue months ago since they have a lot of vegan-friendly articles, but I didn't hear anything. A vegan magazine may be more responsive though. Thanks so much!

bratvada

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Yes of course, a mainstream magazine like TeenVogue would be great to find new people. Maybe others like it may be interested. Keep going with it. :)

Jamie in Chile

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Do teens read magazines? Create a short and funny video that people would share on facebook? But, this is not going to be easy. Writing a website, or a book, or whatever, is always going to be the easy part and marketing/spreading the word more difficult.

OP
OP
veganteen1

veganteen1

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Yes, I am learning that really is the hard part. So much for "If you build it, they will come?" Social media is where most of us spend our free time, and there's a lot of competition for that space. A video is a good idea. Maybe I could get another vegan teenager to make one for me, because I'm pretty uncomfortable about being in the limelight too much, even if it is for a great cause. I would not be very good with handling mean comments about my looks or something if I made a video. I know some teens who are more comfortable, though, and I'll ask them. Thank you for the idea!