New Vegan (1 Month) Experiencing Bad Acne!

MH525

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
  2. Vegan newbie
Since turning vegan I've developed bad acne. I've been vegan for almost a month now and my acne has been out of control, it's mainly on my cheeks, chin, jawline and neck but it seems to get worse every day, by that I mean every day I wake up with new spots.

I'm 20 years old and suffered with acne from about 11 years old, but it cleared up when I was 18 after I changed my skincare routine and I've had perfect, clear skin ever since. Usually I rarely ever get blemishes.

For the past week and a half I've been adding flax meal to my breakfast, I also take one 15mg Zinc supplement and one Omega 3 supplement every day. I switched from Soya Milk to Oat Milk to decrease my soy intake and I make sure to drink 2L of water per day. None of this has seemed to help at all, and I really don't know what to do.

I know it sounds stupid but this is really effecting my self esteem. I know it's not my skincare routine because I've been doing the same thing for two years and it's worked perfectly, so these break outs must be due to my change in diet, but I definitely don't want to give up being vegan.

I've heard that Evening Primrose Oil can help so I've just bought some 1000mg EPO capsules and I'm going to try those, but any other suggestions or information would be so helpful. Thankyou!

Hi! I am also a former acne sufferer as well. It started about the same age as yours did and it went away a couple years ago (about 3 years into being vegan).

I am a nutritionist. Would you mind telling me exactly what you typically eat in a day?

Also, I am 25 years old so I dealt with it for a while!! I know the stress it can put on a person.