New User Title Suggestions

Personally, I would like the option to put in my own user title. But if that's not going to happen, I would like to see the post count between levels reduced. Simply because someone who isn't a hyper poster could be here for years and still have one of the "lower" titles.

Also, I don't think trophy points should count toward user title changes, because then it becomes a popularity contest. That is, people with the most likes will have the higher titles. And those who aren't consistently clever, profound, or say things others want to hear will not progress, no matter how long they've been here.

My favorite suggestion so far has been the "level x veg*n" titles

I like the shapes idea. Like:

Acute Triangle Member > Right Triangle Member > Square Member > Parallelogram Member > Star Member > Rhombus Member
And then the really advanced members could be decadohedral!

Let's see:

Prokaryote
Eukaryote
Simple Protist
Complex Protist
Multicellular Organism
Godlike Entity

((Also just because I'm nitpicky, it's Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species))

We could do away with any sort of hierarchical classification, and just have groups called Chili Pepper, Gooseberry, Cabbage, Crabapple, Sweet Potato, Honeydew, Pumpkin, Peanut, Passionfruit, you know, some of the cutesier fruit and veggie names.

I think that something without a clear hierarchial classification would be cool - that gets rid of the idea of it as a popularity contest, the idea that because someone has been around a long time their posts are more meaningful, etc.

Reactions: FortyTwo
I think that something without a clear hierarchial classification would be cool - that gets rid of the idea of it as a popularity contest, the idea that because someone has been around a long time their posts are more meaningful, etc.

Another lovely post from our lovely Star Member!

aaalllll haaaaiiillll MLP

All Senior Members (or whatever that gets changed to) should receive the Spang Lifetime Achievement Award.

If you want something that progresses as people post more, how about something like this:

Tilling the soil
Planting the garden
Watering the sprouts
Weeding the rows
Staking the plants
Watching the buds blossom
Checking for ripeness
Harvesting the veggies
Cooking the meal
Dining with friends

Reactions: Mel and KLS52
Personally, I would like the option to put in my own user title. But if that's not going to happen, I would like to see the post count between levels reduced. Simply because someone who isn't a hyper poster could be here for years and still have one of the "lower" titles.

Also, I don't think trophy points should count toward user title changes, because then it becomes a popularity contest. That is, people with the most likes will have the higher titles. And those who aren't consistently clever, profound, or say things others want to hear will not progress, no matter how long they've been here.

My favorite suggestion so far has been the "level x veg*n" titles

I much prefer this way to having post count be the only criteria. On another board I'm on there is one guy with 55,000 posts but he never contributes anything meaningful and nobody knows a thing about him. He just logs on once a day, participates in all the game threads, then logs off. For that reason I'm really into the idea of 'levels' depending on how many 'likes' you get (i.e. the quality of your posts) and also your activity (quantity). I wanted to also have trophies for how many threads you post, so it depends even more on contribution, but unfortunately it isn't possible.

IMO the best way to deal with this, if people have a problem with it, is to have non-hierarchical user titles as suggested. But I would like to go with what the majority of people like, so we'll take all suggestions, make a poll, and see what comes out top. Democracy yay :)

I am going to make it easier to move on to different titles by introducing some more trophies.

I agree. A member who only posts in game threads isnt contributing the the Veg*n side of the forum, its unfair to give them a high status when they dont contribute.

Its hard to think of things that dont seem 'ranked'
Maybe we could have different kind of tea!
Earl Grey
Assam
Chai
Green
Oolong
:weird:

Reactions: Muggle
I want to suggest a set of user titles that is totally based on garbanzo beans (chick peas). Hummus, Falafel, Chick Pea, Garbanzo Bean, Chick Pea Sprouts, Mock Tuna Salad, is there a shorter name for those oven roasted chick pea snacks... :devil:

There's a lot of suggestions and I'm sure we'll get more, so I'd appreciate it if you could 'like' the posts of all the suggestions you want to see in the poll. I'll probably make the poll in the middle of next week when everyone has had a chance to see this thread and post.

Here's what we've got so far:

1st Level Veg*n
2nd Level Veg*n
3rd Level Veg*n
4th Level Veg*n
5th Level Veg*n
6th Level Veg*n
7th Level Veg*n

Granola Cruncher
Proud Plant Eater
Tree Hugger
Bunny Cuddler
Gregarious Grazer
Honoured Herbivore
Veteran Veggie
Breatharian

Cotyledon
Seedling
Sapling
Plant
Tree
Forest

Organelle
Cell
Tissue
Organ
Organ System
Organism

Kingdom
Genus
Class
Order
Family
Species

Acute Triangle Member
Right Triangle Member
Square Member
Parallelogram Member
Star Member
Rhombus Member

Prokaryote
Eukaryote
Simple Protist
Complex Protist
Multicellular Organism
Godlike Entity

Chili Pepper
Gooseberry
Cabbage
Crabapple
Sweet Potato
Honeydew
Pumpkin
Peanut
Passionfruit

Tilling the soil
Planting the garden
Watering the sprouts
Weeding the rows
Staking the plants
Watching the buds blossom
Checking for ripeness
Harvesting the veggies
Cooking the meal
Dining with friend

Earl Grey
Assam
Chai
Green
Oolong

Hummus
Falafel
Chick Pea
Garbanzo Bean
Chick Pea Sprouts
Mock Tuna Salad

To get the ball rolling, my initial thoughts were 1st Level Veg*n up to 7th Level Veg*n, since I think a lot of people are familiar with that Simpsons episode.

:no: Never watched the Simpsons. :( :)

For that reason I'm really into the idea of 'levels' depending on how many 'likes' you get (i.e. the quality of your posts) and also your activity (quantity).

I don't like this idea. :(

Likes aren't always given on the basis of quality though.

True. Plus I tend to "like" many of the newbie posts because I want to help them get out of the newbie phase. :innocent:

No, but nor does length of time on the board or sheer number of posts indicate a more 'valuable' community member. That's why I like the combination :)

I suppose a combination would be fair. :dizzy: