New truly vegetarian pub in Bristol - Britain's first?

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Put aside thoughts of bare lettuce leaves and bland pulses, the UK's first vegetarian and vegan pub is set to tickle the taste buds and change the way you think about meat-free food.

Based in Hotwells, the Adam and Eve is run by the team behind the craft-ale pub, Small Bar, and promises to be a top destination for herbivores and carnivores alike.
More: Is this Britain's first vegan pub? From the beer to the bar snacks it's all veggie-friendly here (January 16, 2016)

All the "vegetarian" pubs I've visited so far serves non-veg*n booze.

Fortunately, virtually every brand of hard liquor—bourbon, whiskey, vodka, gin, and rum—is vegan. Nearly all distilled spirits are vegan except for cream-based liqueurs and products that mention honey on the label.

Vegan Alcohol

I love Bristol, I miss living there :(

I'd love a vegan ale pub to be set up (locally!). I have a great app called VegeTipple which pulls details from Barnivore so you can quickly check veganness of alcohol when out and about. However standing at the bar plugging in names is annoying. (As a general tip I find the bottles and kegs are vegan, the casks are likely to use islinglass).