UK new to veganism

hello im new to veganism, looking for some tips!

Hi RockFace,

It can be easier to go vegan if you first find 5 or 6 vegan dishes that you really enjoy, and that really satisfy you. These might be meatless versions of dishes that you already enjoy (pasta, burritos, soup), but with beans, lentils, or veg meats used instead of actual meat. Once these 5 or 6 new favorite dishes become part of your eating routine, it won't be such a big deal to leave behind your old meat dishes.

Last edited:
ToDos for a new vegan

1. come to the vegan forum every day. submit something and get some "love". pick out a new recipe for future reference. Ask a question. Find out the weather in various parts of the world.

2. Join CronOmeter or SparkPeople. They are free. Download the app. Start a food diary and keep track of your nutrition. Make a meal plan.

3. Learn about tofu. Learn how to stir fry.

4. Borrow or buy a vegan cookbook. And/or find a good vegan cooking website. And/or subscribe to a vegan cooking youtuber. Get Copy Me That and start making your own recipe file.

5. Think about buying an instant pot.

Hi RockFace,

It can be easier to go vegan if you first find 5 or 6 vegan dishes that you really enjoy, and that really satisfy you. These might be meatless versions of dishes that you already enjoy (pasta, burritos, soup), but with beans, lentils, or veg meats used instead of actual meat. Once these 5 or 6 new favorite dishes become part of your eating routine, it won't be such a big deal to leave behind your old meat dishes.
Thanks so much

Reactions: Emma JC
It's so subjective!
I so agree with keeping a list of foods and recipes you can always fall back on. Think of what you like where the meat or dairy aren't integral.
It helped me in the beginning to allow myself either pizza, or Mexican, when with friends for a while. I had to keep the association of mother and child fresh in my mind. I had a foster cat that had kittens and watching her nurse them really sealed the deal as I was already ready

welcome to the forum @RockFace

What I have found to be helpful is watching lots of vegan youtubers' 'what I eat in a day' videos.

There are tons of them out there.

Emma JC

Reactions: David3
hello im new to veganism, looking for some tips!

1. Learn proper nutrition. You will feel better and will not quit.
2. You only need about 2 pages of information, which you can get for free at veganhealth.org/daily-needs
3. Find at least 3-5 recopies that you really like.
4. The more food you prepare yourself the more money you will save . The more food you buy prepared the more you will spend.