New to the forum.

SDG

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello everyone,

Very glad to find a site for people like me. Being only minutes new to this forum, does anyone have any tips on getting the most from this forum?
Generally, I am estatic to be able to chat with like-minded people, which is my main purpose in joining. Also to share ideas and support. It is challenging for me (and has been my whole life) because none of my family or friends are vegan. I have been told since I was a child that there was “something psychologically wrong with me”...and when I was younger, I believed it and really tried hard to be “normal”. It was only in my later years that I realized there was a name for my “disorder”....I was Vegan. And it is so nice to finally see the world changing and embracing compassion, never mind healthier lifestyles that also stop destroying the environment. The hardest thing for me is my non-vegan family and friends....their attitudes, criticism, and behaviours.

Anyway, really, really happy to meet all of you.

Cheers
SDG

welcome to the forum, SDG

If there are specific topics you are interested in you can use the search. You can also click on each of the forum topics and check out what catches your fancy. It is a fairly active forum and we look forward to your contributions.

Emma JC

Thank you Emma JC and Shyvas for your welcomes and advice. Very much appreciated. I am looking forward to further chats.

Cheers

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
Belated welcome, SDG!

As for using the forum, there is also the "What's New" button (*) - which is convenient if you just want to see what other members have been talking about recently. I wouldn't recommend using it all the time as it's nice when someone re-starts an old discussion or adds another perspective, but I must admit I do use this button a lot myself.

The best thing, though, is when people start new threads :) If you have a specific question, start a thread about it!

* The "What's new" button shows up at different places depending on your type of device - on big-screen devices like laptops it's at the top of the window whereas on a mobile phone it will be displayed if you click the menu button (though you may need to scroll down a bit).

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou