New to the forum!

Lolaarasaar

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hey there,
I'm a 21 year old vegan guy, been vegan for about 3 years now, I currently work at Wagamamas who are cruelty conscious let's say (they're currently transitioning from caged hen eggs to free range).
I ate meat most of my life, my dad is a butcher and I live with him at the moment. In fact not only have I got a butcher for a father, I've done some work with him as a kid, lived on a working pig farm, even hunted and participated in pheasant shoots. I have a few members of my family who still hunt and one who is a gamekeeper. I've spent a lot of time with them so I know the reality of this lifestyle firsthand from visits to see them. Visits were here and there so I can't remember every experience but I've done a range of activities. I welcome any and all questions about this side of my life! I won't hold back.
As for being vegan/veggie, I went veggie 4/5 years ago eating quorn steak after quorn steak, avoided my dad for a few months before telling him when we went to Wetherspoons and I got the veggie breakfast. I moved out of home and got ribbed by my housemates saying I was a hypocrite and I should go vegan (this was coming from a couple of meateaters, one ex-veggie) and I sat on the idea for a bit. One day I walked into the kitchen and told them I was biting the bullet and going vegan. I basically lived off rice, baked beans, cereal and soya milk, for sake of finances and convenience. I couldn't cook then, except for chili con nada.
Now I really enjoy cooking but don't really find the time with working at a restaurant and coming back late. I joined the forum because I want to become more conscientious of the ethics of individual companies, how environmentally friendly my diet is and the general discussion of food!