New to forums

XNeilyX

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi everyone,
I am completely new to forums, but this website not to difficult to figure out. I notice I get a weekly email on the most popular post( Very interesting by the way) I am a vegetarian going vegan. My only problems is that there junk food in my house every where. I have self control when I go grocery shopping for myself or eat out, however I'm 25 live at home with my parents. Studying nutrition and dietetics halfway through my bachelors. However, when I'm stress I grab and eat some of the crap my parents buy. Help please and thank you

welcome, Neily

All the best with your transition. The best advice I can give is to keep some snacks of your own handy. Puffed kamut or wheat cereal, nuts, seeds, christmas oranges, apples etc.

Emma JC

Reactions: TofuRobot
welcome, Neily

All the best with your transition. The best advice I can give is to keep some snacks of your own handy. Puffed kamut or wheat cereal, nuts, seeds, christmas oranges, apples etc.

Emma JC
thank you! I made a list this week on the snacks on my own:relieved:

Reactions: Emma JC
I've never been concerned with "stress eating" but I do remember reading many years ago an article by a health care professional about cravings. which is something that I used to suffer from. She lumped some kinds of stress eating with some kinds of cravings and said the most effective way to reduce or eliminate them was with good eating habits. (For more on good habits see Stephen Covey).

Basically, replace your bad habits with good habits.

I couldn't find the article I read. But this one seems to be even better!
https://www.helpguide.org/articles/diets/emotional-eating.htm

I've never been concerned with "stress eating" but I do remember reading many years ago an article by a health care professional about cravings. which is something that I used to suffer from. She lumped some kinds of stress eating with some kinds of cravings and said the most effective way to reduce or eliminate them was with good eating habits. (For more on good habits see Stephen Covey).

Basically, replace your bad habits with good habits.

I couldn't find the article I read. But this one seems to be even better!
https://www.helpguide.org/articles/diets/emotional-eating.htm
I'm about to read this thank you so much!

Welcome! I was also a vegetarian first and do stress eating. It helps to stock up on some snacks you know are vegan. If you like candy bars get almond butter or chocolate soy milk. If you like crunchy, salty things get some crackers and pickles. If it's just comfort food you like, keep veggie burgers in the freezer and learn a vegan creamy pasta recipe. One thing at a time.

Reactions: Lou
Hello and welcome! Good luck going vegan.

Have you tried seaweed. You can snack on that and it's nutritious. Also if you get a bag of nuts and divide them into lots of smaller packaging you can snack on nuts without overeating. Nuts are very good in moderation.

Reactions: Forest Nymph