New Products

LoreD

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I've been noticing a lot of new "fast food" type of products in the freezer aisles.

I didn't like Litelife sausages. The texture and flavor were off.

Love the Beyond Beef sausages. They've been there for a while, but I wouldn't buy until they reduced their price.

Simple Truth (Kroger store brand) fake chicken patties. Really good.

MorningStar Farms Incogmeato brand fake chicken tenders. INCREDIBLE!

Daring chicken tenders. I didn't know whether I got a bad bag, but there seemed to be nothing but breading.

BTW, the Australian vegan brand Deliciou has opened a warehouse in Las Vegas, and is shipping here. Great fake bacon/cheese seasonings for popcorn, and other things. I use them on my Beyond Beef patties. I'm not too fond of their instant chicken mixes, but other people really like them.

Just Egg. I just tried it. It was remarkably close to what I remembered as scrambled eggs. The problem is that it has been so long since I ate an egg product, that my tastes have changed. It was OK, but nothing I would be interested in buying again. I wonder if it would work well as a binder in blueberry muffins?

Simple Truth tofu came out with a split pack tofu. It is separated so you can use only half a package of tofu. For singles, this a great idea.

Every time I go into a store there is a new vegan product. I'm kind of spoiled for choice.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Just Egg. I just tried it. It was remarkably close to what I remembered as scrambled eggs. The problem is that it has been so long since I ate an egg product, that my tastes have changed. It was OK, but nothing I would be interested in buying again. I wonder if it would work well as a binder in blueberry muffins?
I may not remember exactly what scrambled eggs taste like either. but I loved the Just Egg product. The product that comes in the carton goes bad if you don't eat it quickly. and as a single guy I just can't go thru it that fast. however I now keep a box of frozen Foldable Just Eggs in the freezer and its one of my favorite Sunday morning breakfasts.

Reactions: Emma JC
I've heard an awful lot of good reviews for Just Egg. I didn't like eggs, but I do use black salt on things and like that

I had Pure Farmland plant based meatballs., they were pretty awesome! Had a denser texture than other meatless meatballs, and not the soy based taste (I am a fan of that though). My son who still eats meat said they were much closer to that texture. A Follow your Heart company

Raised and Rooted plant based nuggets. These were good when not overcooked, unlike most nuggets. Again I think might appeal more to omnis/flexis. This is a Tyson company!

I think my favorite nuggets were from Yummy--Aldi had them as a special once, and I've seen Yummy meat products in other stores, but not these vegan nuggets

I have seen Incogmeato commercials and really liked them! Yet to try because they're a dollar more than Morningstar nuggets
I do like nuggets!

I really like Field Roasts patties. Probably my favorite of the ones I've tasted and not that expensive either.

Not food, but as someone who's pain was solved by lanolin D3, I'm kinda excited to try this. Vegan D3 has been too expensive, and not high enough strength. This is still too expensive, I was taking their lanolin D3 - a years supply for $15! This equal vegan strength is $10 for one month :sigh:

Ok, I guess there are lower priced vegan D3's...

I found out about these 'tearable laundry strips' a few days ago and found them a my local bulk food store - what an amazing idea and they are vegan and so good for the environment - I bought a package and haven't used them yet as I still have a small amount of my other left... this is a Canadian company (so proud) and I know they are available also in the USA - I guess the rest of the world can order them by getting them shipped for now - Tru Earth Laundry Strips - Eco-friendly Laundry Detergent Sheets

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Does anyone have recommendations when it comes to supplements? I recently became a vegan and I'm not sure what to take as extra supplements and also if all supplements are vegan? Usually I buy everything here Vitamin Shop: Buy Vitamins and Supplements at VitaminExpress and I ready that I should def take extra iron and also magnesium. Any other advice would be more than welcome.

Does anyone have recommendations when it comes to supplements? I recently became a vegan and I'm not sure what to take as extra supplements and also if all supplements are vegan? Usually I buy everything here Vitamin Shop: Buy Vitamins and Supplements at VitaminExpress and I ready that I should def take extra iron and also magnesium. Any other advice would be more than welcome.

I usually buy my multi vitamins from Superdrug and Vegan Omega 3 with astaxanthin from Pure & Essential. It should say 'suitable for vegans' on the label because some supplements contain gelatine.

There are already a lot of threads on this subject. You can do a search for each supplement, but in general this is a pretty good one.

My RD recommended "Doctors Best Magnesium". You should also probably take a multi (with iron) , B12, an omega 3, and a D. Mostly I get DEVA products.

I found out about these 'tearable laundry strips' a few days ago and found them a my local bulk food store - what an amazing idea and they are vegan and so good for the environment - I bought a package and haven't used them yet as I still have a small amount of my other left... this is a Canadian company (so proud) and I know they are available also in the USA - I guess the rest of the world can order them by getting them shipped for now - Tru Earth Laundry Strips - Eco-friendly Laundry Detergent Sheets

Emma JC

I finally ran out of my laundry soap and have used these now in two different loads, a full load and a half load. I love the strips, half of a strip only was needed for the half load so basically the cost is 56 cents for a full load and 28 cents for a half load. No horrid plastic bottle left over at the end.

Emma JC

Reactions: Chryssie and Lou
I think a lot (most) of you are in North America, and with your 330M , you have a lot more choice. In Oz, less choice, but as per the intro to this thread, probably each month you see a new product. Some stay, and some go, I guess as the manufacturers test the market.

Sometimes I wish we had a good cheese product in Oz, and then at other times I am happy I no longer crave it.

• Friendly
two new vegan products now in my home and haven't tried either of them yet... Just Egg liquid form and Ikea's new Plant Balls

couldn't get the Just Egg patties yesterday but Walmart did have the liquid which the first I have seen it in Canada

Rose of Cheap Lazy Vegan did a video using Ikea Plant Balls last week and so I just had to try them - only $6 so looking forward to them

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou and PTree15
I avoid the liquid Just Egg because it spoils before I could finish it.
I did buy some last month and tried freezing it. It worked but I need to figure out a way to freeze them in one egg sizes. Maybe an ice cube tray.

I made some home made egg McMuffins with Field Roast sausage patties and cheese slices. They were pretty good. I also made a 3-egg omelette with sausage crumbles, salsa, and shredded cheese.

I don't know which Pringle flavors are still vegan but the only one I ever got, Original, is no longer vegan.
No outrage on my part. There are other brands of chips, many of them IMHO better. If Mr. Pringle doesn't want my business that is ok with me.

It still kind of sucks. Pringles was great to take on trips.

• Informative