New person here

kirbs

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello all, how are you. I'm interested in learning more about veganism and vegetarianism so I decided to sign up and read around. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian myself, nor do I know anyone close who is, but I love animals (have 2 cats which I adore) so I decided to take it upon myself to educate myself. I'll be browsing around here, if you do not mind. Hope you'll welcome me here.

Regards, Gus (Kirbs online :))

Hi and welcome! Hope you’ll stick around.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Hello all, how are you. I'm interested in learning more about veganism and vegetarianism so I decided to sign up and read around. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian myself, nor do I know anyone close who is, but I love animals (have 2 cats which I adore) so I decided to take it upon myself to educate myself. I'll be browsing around here, if you do not mind. Hope you'll welcome me here.

Hi Gus :wave: and :welcome:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC

Hi Kirbs,

Mercy For Animals has a nicely-illustrated vegetarian starter guide: https://mercyforanimals.org/files/VSGUpdated1.pdf

On page 12, there's a very clear "vegetarian plate" guide - it shows the approximate ratio of different foods in a vegetarian/vegan diet.

Starting on page 21, there are easy meal ideas.

If you ask other vegans what they eat, you'll see that people usually eat pretty simple things. No need to get fancy in the kitchen, unless you like to.

Thank you all for the warm welcome

Hi Kirbs,

Mercy For Animals has a nicely-illustrated vegetarian starter guide: https://mercyforanimals.org/files/VSGUpdated1.pdf

On page 12, there's a very clear "vegetarian plate" guide - it shows the approximate ratio of different foods in a vegetarian/vegan diet.

Starting on page 21, there are easy meal ideas.

If you ask other vegans what they eat, you'll see that people usually eat pretty simple things. No need to get fancy in the kitchen, unless you like to.

Thank you for sharing this guide. I've read through it and will do so again. There's a lot of info out there to process I realize - I've only touched the tip of the iceberg by reading articles but already feel like there's a lot of very interesting arguments out there. Guess I never really reflected on this all and how animals are treated and processed for food. On some level I was aware I guess but everyone around me always never thinks about it so I guess I never did either. But I'm reading up now, making up for not actively having looked at it in the past, maybe somehow.

:welcome:
Feel free to share your interests and the kinds of foods you like!
We range from the whole food plants to any and all vegan cuisines!

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Emma JC