New online UK based vegan magazine just launched

It is indeed a very interesting magazine that has some original recipes and beautiful photos.

I particulary liked the mushroom and ale pie as well as the sticky toffee pudding. Furthermore it also lists a few vegan restaurants and a bakery in London.
They have also listed a book by one of my favourite cookery writers, Leah Leneman,
Vegan Cooking for One. You can purchase this book in the Bargain Bin at Awesomebooks.co.uk for only
£2.59 with free P&P. UK ,Europe and North America included.
9780722539231.jpg

Thank you for posting the link angie.

Reactions: Andy_T and ledboots
Very cool. I will definitely check that out.

ETA: Wow, some very cool, simple recipes. I'm definitely going to make the spinach and tofu lasagna.
Thanks so much for the link, Angie.

Last edited:
It is indeed a very interesting magazine that has some original recipes and beautiful photos.

I particulary liked the mushroom and ale pie as well as the sticky toffee pudding. Furthermore it also lists a few vegan restaurants and a bakery in London.
They have also listed a book by one of my favourite cookery writers, Leah Leneman,
Vegan Cooking for One. You can purchase this book in the Bargain Bin at Awesomebooks.co.uk for only
£2.59 with free P&P.

Thank you for posting the link angie.

Leah Leneman - I haven't seen a cook book of hers for years! I remember my first vegan cookbook was one of hers, and a few of the recipes I used quite often.

iIll go and check her out again now :)

Reactions: shyvas
She died yonks ago; I met her once and thought that she was a bit self-righteous. She once had a letter published in Vegan Views about how she always made sure that she brought some vegan cornflakes back from Switzerland when she went there on her skiing holidays. Quite.

That explains why her cookery books date back to the 90's.

I have just googled her up and have learnt that she was a California girl who had a career as a historian writer and in her later years settled down in Scotland.
She sadly died at the age of 55 after battling breast cancer for a few years.

I have 3 of her books which are really well written and the recipes are delicious.

It just shows you all you can learn when you're a member of a forum.:)Leah Leneman.jpg

Leah Leneman

Last edited: