New on this forum

SofiaJ

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi, I am Sofia and I am new on this forum. I have been a vegetarian for many years and a year ago I decided to go full on vegan :)

I also love to cook, and I love to share some of my tasty recipes for you to try!

xx

Sofia

Reactions: winter.frost
Hi Sofia,

Welcome to the community: I could definitely use some cooking tips as I eat mainly frozen/microwaved food ;)

Gab

Reactions: SofiaJ
Thank you, Zucchini Fries definitely promising. I am going to try it at the weekend (only time I have for cooking).

I have a slow cooker too :cool:

Reactions: SofiaJ
Yep. Some days are like that. It'll just be a relief to have common ground beforehand.

I'm hoping this forum will be a bit like going into a vegan café and not having to ask the usual menu questions first: " - and ... relax."

My first totally vegan café experience was 'Out to Munch' in Hockley, Nottingham. Couldn't believe that they didn't even offer cow's milk. What was yours, Rab?

'is this made with milk or eggs ?'
'please could you not add butter on this jacket potato and beans ?'
'can I have a veggie deluxe without any sauce on the burger ?'

That sort ? You are safe here :innocent:

'is this made with milk or eggs ?'
'please could you not add butter on this jacket potato and beans ?'
'can I have a veggie deluxe without any sauce on the burger ?'

That sort ? You are safe here :innocent:
Ha! Phew.

My first (good) experience was when I was a lacto vegetarian and I went to Vantra Vitao in central London. Super trendy for the time - 2011 - and still super trendy today.

http://www.vantra.co.uk/#welcome-1

Last edited by a moderator:
My first experience was when I was transitioning from vegetarian to vegan and went to a fast food restaurant with my friends. I asked if they could make me a veggie sandwich without the sauce and the girl that was working there looked at me as if I was crazy! She asked me 3 times if I was sure that I didn't want the mayo sauce :joy:

Hehe Sofia, I experienced the dreaded blank stare as a reply to 'do you have something vegan on the menu ?' also the repeated 'are you sure you do not want this non-vegan sauce on your burger ?'.

It seemed like hard work when I transitioned, but now it is normal, part of vegan life. And the questions like 'where do you get your protein from ?'. Are you getting those ?

Oh I get the "Where do you get your protein" question all the time! Matter fact, I have this picture in my phone and I send it to people all the time
Top-Sources-of-Plant-Based-Protein.jpg

That is a cool representation ! Give me potatoes and flaxseed (which I sprinkle over my morning cereals) :)

Haha yes, a sprinkling of potatoes. What can I say ... I'm a trendsetter !

Reactions: Pickle