New/Information Threads - Keeping it real

beancounter

The Fire That Burns Within
Reaction score
When I signed up here a few years ago it was as a thinking human being looking for accurate information on a variety of topics, specifically in the reality. This is why I searched for and sought out the term reality", because I was looking for a specifically accurate information on a forum.

One of the basic rules of this forum for over 2 years (and however long before I joined, I don't know), was that in the general forums, and other areas, things were kept within the realm of reality. This meant that any false information was removed.

Since the merger, there are several CTer's here, but no moderators who were CTer's. This in itself isn't an issue, and I much prefer people correctly self identify than feel pressured to lie for the sake of the namesake and purpose - but at the same time I still think that if - in all honesty - people are consuming false and misleading information (like a flat earth), then they should not appear in at least on this forum, because let's face it, when people are exploring reality, that is one of the first places they are likely to investigate. Besides fake nooze, for some, conspiracy theories and outright lies can be triggers for others.

Can we keep the information in these forums real please? For the sake of intellectual itegrity, all curious people, and the truth itself. Perhaps a separate area could be created for conspiracy theorist in transition to reality - but I feel pretty strongly that fake news, lies, and misinformation should be strongly discouraged on this forum that are meant for honest intellectual curiosity based on facts and science.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou and silva
You really are burned over your lack of thought control on extra vegan topics, aren't you? To use my post like that with your substitutions. Like a little child.

Instead of acting like a petulant child, I invited you in your own thread to answer a very simple question, why not take it up? Are you afraid to? It should be something most everyone will agree with you on, after all. It's from a very respected source.

Here it is: Conspiracy theories are dangerous, and should not be tolerated.

• Disagree
Reactions: silva