New here, new vegan.

idcaver

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi all. I thought it would be a good idea to get connected so I can browse and ask questions if needed.

My wife and I are about 6 months in. I never thought I'd do such a thing but I've always been open minded so when my wife wanted to go vegan I said okay. I thought I'd find a much smaller world on the other side of that door, with fewer food choices, less tasty, harder work. I've been so surprised to find a a large and wonderful world. The food is so good and so much more healthy. Its so much easier to stay at my target weight. So far neither of us has been tempted to go back.

One of the biggest surprises has been our teenage kids. They've always been picky eaters but complaints have becoming rare. Two of the three are even doing their best to eat plant-based when away from home.

Congratulations! That's wonderful, how your wife has inspired your whole family to go vegan. You will find that it gets better and better over time. In my case, I've developed a stronger connection to nature and wildlife, and I've seen significant health benefits. When I went vegan, I didn't care about the health aspect, but every time I go in for my yearly physical checkup, I feel really proud of how good my numbers are.