New DIY Probiotic Dairy-Free Yogurt - Eugurt

Rusty

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi everybody - my name is Rusty and I've developed a homemade, high protein (soy), probiotic, and Vegan yogurt I call Eugurt. I've seen here and other boards how folks are looking for more options and I can't wait for everyone to try it. I think you'll like it as much as I do. When you make it it is just like a homemade dairy yogurt, except it is completely dairy-free. It makes an amazing, light, creamy yogurt that is surprisingly no fat. And the fun part is that you add your favorite sugar and can control the acidity easily by simply culturing longer or shorter. It also uses a verified dairy-free starter culture. I apologize if I'm co-opting the forum in any way. I thought this would be the perfect place to share the news. Anyway, I'll be sending out free samples for those who are interested, so just PM me. Anyway, hope to hear from you and be talking soon. Rusty

Hello Rusty,

welcome to the forum and good luck with your yoghurt.
Maybe you would comment on where you live to consider who this new product might be suitable for...

Thanks! Well, I'm a long way from Kuala Lumpur, but I have big ideas! I'm in Minnesota, USA.

Reactions: Andy_T
I rather doubt it, but my post is not spam. My product is revolutionary in the sense there is nothing like it on the market and the flexibility it gives the consumer. My thought was that a forum such as this would be the perfect place to introduce it. Rusty

I rather doubt it, but my post is not spam. My product is revolutionary in the sense there is nothing like it on the market and the flexibility it gives the consumer. My thought was that a forum such as this would be the perfect place to introduce it. Rusty
We always welcome new members here, Rusty, we just don't like to be advertised to. Of course, people who participate in various discussions and become part of the community here are not spamming or advertising by mentioning their products. Just don't answer 20 threads on a row with "How interesting, that looks delicious. Speaking of delicious, I have a new product you might be interested in..."

Reactions: Rusty
I must've missed this. I've sort of been in horrible limbo the last week.... slowly snapping out of it.

But "Eugurt"?? Ughh, that's gotta be one of THE least appetizing names I've seen of late.... EUGURT. :yuck:

Someone actually got PAID to make up that name?? I'm broke as a joke, I could come up with something a hell of a lot better than "Eugurt!" :brood:

Yeah, no thanks. :poop:

--- Upon further inspection, I see the name was "man-made," as it were.... I'm just desperate for income.... I'm good with words (more often than not), I sing & do character voices/accents/whistling/whatever.... as long as I don't need to be around actual people. LOL :rolleyes:

Carry on.

Last edited:
We always welcome new members here, Rusty, we just don't like to be advertised to. Of course, people who participate in various discussions and become part of the community here are not spamming or advertising by mentioning their products. Just don't answer 20 threads on a row with "How interesting, that looks delicious. Speaking of delicious, I have a new product you might be interested in..."
Ha! That's really quite funny... and point taken. That is not too much to ask in the least. Thank you Rusty

Reactions: ledboots
I must've missed this. I've sort of been in horrible limbo the last week.... slowly snapping out of it.

But "Eugurt"?? Ughh, that's gotta be one of THE least appetizing names I've seen of late.... EUGURT. :yuck:

Someone actually got PAID to make up that name?? I'm broke as a joke, I could come up with something a hell of a lot better than "Eugurt!" :brood:

Yeah, no thanks. :poop:

--- Upon further inspection, I see the name was "man-made," as it were.... I'm just desperate for income.... I'm good with words (more often than not), I sing & do character voices/accents/whistling/whatever.... as long as I don't need to be around actual people. LOL :rolleyes:

Carry on.
Oh my gosh - I almost started crying I was laughing so hard! You may not have quite meant it that way, but the funny thing is I didn't pay a soul. Nope, that was 100% all me in naming that... well, my wife wanted to add "Eureka" to the beginning of it. No, that was me nerding out a bit. I'm a microbiologist by schooling and the prefix "eu" means good, true, and pleasant. And, of course, it's a play on "yogurt."

I was wondering if this was an "in memorium" yogurt... Are you British, Rusty? "E.U.gurt" might apply now. :p

I really don't intend ridicule, if that's what it seems.

Oh my gosh - I almost started crying I was laughing so hard! You may not have quite meant it that way, but the funny thing is I didn't pay a soul. Nope, that was 100% all me in naming that... well, my wife wanted to add "Eureka" to the beginning of it. No, that was me nerding out a bit. I'm a microbiologist by schooling and the prefix "eu" means good, true, and pleasant. And, of course, it's a play on "yogurt."
I like the name.

Well aren't you just hitting on all cylinders now? First it was gross, now European Union and death inspiring (eulogy)? No, you nailed it actually. Those are some of the things we wondered if it would remind people of... but my nerd side won out so we went with it. And thank you for the response, no problem what soever. And thanks ledboots for the comment, too. Funning aside I really do hope that folks like it rather than not, of course.

@Rusty You seem like a good kid... ;)... but don't go a-spamming. And I don't need plays-on-words explained, for sure. Sorry, I'm slowly snapping out of a very emotionally draining few days... my particular brand of humor is a little rusty. :weird:

Ok, I'm done for now. LOL