New (and improving!) member

HEGehrke

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I'm Hannah, 18 from Wales, UK.
I've always been interested in the Vegan lifestyle and began Veganism back in April, 2013, after being Vegetarian for as long as I can recall, but it all went a little bit downhill since I started University in September (it was all going so well until I accidentaly stuck my finger into the cake mix bowl when making a Victoria sponge for my friend, sigh).
Anyway, I'm on a Vegan mission once again, but being a student and living in halls isn't easy when all you have to store you food is a small, mini fridge under your desk! I can just about wedge a small cabbage in there. But I'm going to do as much as I can to hopefully regain the lifestyle I enjoy so much (even if my boyfriend does complain. A lot. At least I've got him eating raw carrots).
Hope you're all well! :)

Welcome Hannah! I'm a student from the UK too. Woo. :wave:

The UK forum is full of helpful advice if you want to ask anything area-specific, make yourself at home, let me know if you have any questions!

Being vegan while living in a dorm and having a meat-eating boyfriend can certainly be a challenge. So certainly don't beat yourself up about tasting cake batter - none of us are perfect. Welcome to VV!