New and a part-time vegan - if that's a term?

kim1984

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm Kim, and I'm currently eating a vegan diet approximately 4 days out of 7 a week. Mainly for health reasons - I find I just seem to feel more fit and healthy when I eat that way.

I'm glad to be here and hope that I can learn from you all!

Hey Kim!

Happy to have you, I know what you mean... I'm sure many feel healthier after becoming vegan or vegetarian.

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm a vegetarian and I have vegan days, so I know what you mean. I think it's more important to listen to your body and what it needs. It's also about understanding the nutritional and dietary needs, so a few days is a good balance and a good start if you are transitioning.

Sometimes I have a vegan meal without even thinking and it happens more now as most dishes are vegan and and only when eggs are involved does it become vegetarian.

Well, it is true that being a vegan is a choice that can be beneficial for us. This can help us lose weight and be healthy. There are people who suffer from overweight or obesity because they consume much fast food and don't eat whole foods like fruits and vegetables. I hope we can all realize the importance of eating such kind of foods.