Nelson Mandela is dead at 95

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Former South African president and human rights icon Nelson Mandela died on Thursday at the age of 95, NBC News reported.

Mandela’s death was confirmed by current South African president Jacob Zuma, who was quoted as saying, “Although we knew that this day would come nothing can diminish our sense of a profound and enduring loss.”

This story will be updated

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/05/breaking-nelson-mandela-dies-age-95/

:(

There are at least two movies about Mandela, Invictus and Long Walk to Freedom. I haven't seen either one. I've just decided I really should see them.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Mandela. :angel:

Reactions: Majid_Nikoogoftar
Sad, but not exactly unexpected. 95 is quite a decent age, especially in that part of the world.

It's sad to observe the state of affairs in South Africa after Mandela. Their current president is a joke.

I remember listening to this song back in college 30 years ago. I remember someone explaining to me what "apartheid" means. I remember the crescendo of outrage and the remarkable events that followed.

Never give up hope. Never stop fighting for justice, equality and freedom.

Nelson Mandela is finally free

Reactions: Amy SF
nelson-mandela_2658120b.jpg

27 years at the brutal prison on Robben Island, didn't break the man. The man broke the prison.
What a beautiful face he had !

I've got one of his quotes hanging on my wall. Seems to me that he was a wise man.

watching the funeral right now and my husband had a nerve why its on here in eastern America at almost 6 am in the morning, I asked him what time is it in Africa?

Reactions: Amy SF
Our whole country is,mourning. We are feeling a tremendous loss but we are also celebrating the live of Madiba. He inspired a nation and saved South Africa.

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” Nelson Mandela

“One of the things I learned when I was negotiating was that until I changed myself, I could not change others.” ― Nelson Mandela

“A leader. . .is like a shepherd. He stays behind the flock, letting the most nimble go out ahead, whereupon the others follow, not realizing that all along they are being directed from behind.”

we will never forget you viva madiba viva. Your long walk to freedom is over Rest now and keep an eye on your beloved country where ever you are x

It would be nice if a moderator would sort all of this crap out and put it in a separate thread. Mr. Mandela deserves to not have his memorial thread be cluttered by this kind of nonsense.

It would be nice if a moderator would sort all of this crap out and put it in a separate thread. Mr. Mandela deserves to not have his memorial thread be cluttered by this kind of nonsense.

True enough.

Just wish that you could move posts into existing threads.

Last edited: