EU Cheese making-Advice Please

dan129834

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Raw vegan
Hey guys, im looking for a guide on how to make vegan cheese. im using agar powder and tapioca starch for all my cheeses. First, which spices and flavouring should i add to make each- gouda, mozzarella and cheddar styles? maybe if someone have an idea for emmental or provolone

Second thing, i saw a recipe that heats the tapioca and agar seperately until its thick and then adding it to the cheese mixture. it is it better than just blending all the ingredients and heating it? also, how much plant milk should i add to the cashew mixture per 75 grams of cashews/150 grams of tofu? and for this amount how much agar with how much water should i mix and heat? and how much tapioca should i add per 1 tbsp agar powder? and what does psyllium husks do?

if its possible, can you help me fill the amounts here for a basic cheese recipe, very firm, shreddable, melty and stretchy (fix my amounts if im wrong):
X cups water/plant based milk (IMO 1/2 cup is good)
75 grams cashews/150 tofu
X tbsp agar agar powder (IMO 2)
X tbsp tapioca starch (IMO 4)
X cups water (for agar and tapioca mixture, 1 cup IMO is good)
X tbsp coconut oil (IMO 3)

Thank you very much, i would be very grateful, and i know there are a lots of questions, sorry for that :oops:
Whatever you can answer would be great :D

I have only heard good things about the book below. You can even find some of the recipes online for free before you buy the book. Just do a little googling.

I sometimes make Moxarella using this recipe

The site that has the Moxarella recipe all so has some other good cheese recipes

Good luck!

Hey, thank you, im actually looking at recipes, and i have some good ones, but im trying to really learn the basics of making cheese. I just need a base recipe for some kind of an, lets call it agar agar block that is very firm, shreddable, melty and stretchy that i only need to add flavors to it, thats why i gave this kind of a format, and asked to fill it, you can call it a base cheese recipe(unflavored)
if its possible, can you help me fill the amounts here for a basic cheese recipe, very firm, shreddable, melty and stretchy (fix my amounts if im wrong):
X cups water/plant based milk (IMO 1/2 cup is good)
75 grams cashews/150 tofu
X tbsp agar agar powder (IMO 2)
X tbsp tapioca starch (IMO 4)
X cups water (for agar and tapioca mixture, 1 cup IMO is good)
X tbsp coconut oil (IMO 3)
Again thank you very much i would use what youve sent me, although i wont use fungi or some kind of probiotics to ferment cheese, its just too complicated for me at this point lol

I can't really work with your format, but I dislike agar in cheese, tapioca starch (or flour-same) works great blended with everything else, and when heated makes a nice stretch.
Be sure to get refined coconut oil!
Soak the raw cashews and rinse for better taste
I like this recipe a lot, it's nut free and makes a hard chese --

looks pretty nice, well i think i'll just do trial and error with my format, and when i'll find the correct amounts, i will start flavouring my cheese. thank you very much :)