Need a good brownie recipe

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
So I tried a new peanut butter swirl brownie recipe using applesauce and the usual brownie ingredients. It was horrid. I had to throw out the entire batch. Would someone share your brownie recipe? Thanks!

This is my go to recipe for brownies. they are low fat, high fibre, high protein but taste really moreish.

Spidergrrl's Fudgy Wudgy brownies

Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease a rectangular pan like 9x12 or 9x13
Sift/mix together in a bowl:
1 1/4 cup wholemeal pastry flour (or use GF flour like I do)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup demerara sugar (or more if you like or use a sugar stevia blend like I do)
3/4 cup walnuts, broken
1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips

In your blender add these ingredients:
1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/4 cup water
3/4 cup pitted medjool dates--about 6 (sometimes if I'm short on dates I just throw in a few TB raisins)
1/4 cup liquid sweetner (Maple/agave/honey if you swing that way--I use Lyles goldren syrup)
1 TB balsamic vinegar
2 TB flax meal
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tsp instant coffee

Blend like hell until all blended up. Mix wet into dry. bake 14 minutes, turn the pan to bake evenly and then bake 14 more minutes. let cool and cut into 12 squares (3x4)

We love this recipe as they are fudgy and soft but can be made GF. Plus they are not too sweet. They've always come out good for us.

Reactions: Rosie1
Do you have Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar? There are several good ones in there. If not I could probably type one of them up for you later this afternoon.

Reactions: Rosie1
3 oz silken tofu
1/4 c 'milk'
1/2 c canola oil
1 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
1/2 c cocoa powder
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

preheat oven to 325. grease an 8x8 pan (or parchment paper is suggested, but i never buy it and it works fine).
blend tofu, 'milk', and oil until smooth and fluffy.
mix in sugar and vanilla.
add dry ingredients (sift if you want—i don't usually) and fold until smooth.
transfer to pan and bake 30-32 min.
brownies!

Do you have Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar? There are several good ones in there. If not I could probably type one of them up for you later this afternoon.

Yeah I love the brownies in this cookbook, the chocolate fudge ones are to die for :)

These are very good.I threw is a handful of chopped walnuts I found in the cabinet. Thanks again for the recipes.