National Cabbage Day

February 17th is National Cabbage Day :sun:

Cabbage and White Bean Soup has been popular in Italy and Ireland:

View attachment 19788

View attachment 19789
I'm in as I love cabbage.😻
Italian/American here...I love this.
cabbage is one of my staples, I chop a little of it into my breakfast every morning

I like red cabbage because it adds a little color, and savoy cabbage for it's texture
Aaaaaaa!!! A true cabbage maniac is here!:hh: Cabbage, cabbage and more cabbage! Cabbage all the way!:kitty:
Seriously, i feel like i was born to be devoted to cabbage and its shining glory, part of which i can percept by devouring it night and day.:lol: Indeed, cabbage of all kinds is a God's masterpiece!:ma:

Egads! No wonder my body has been revolting today. My arch-nemesis is being celebrated! Down with cabbage day and up with green bean day ... said no one but me. Awkward.

(I actually love the crispy texture and tangy taste of cabbage and used to eat both green and red -all- the time.) 😢 Can we take a moment to feel sorry for my inability to eat the tasty cabbage? Thx.

What do you mean by saying "international supermarket"?😼
We have a grocery store in the city called "Global Foods Market". It carries food from different countries - India, China, Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Germany, Great Britain, Russia, etc. Each country has its own section. The fresh vegetables section leans heavily toward Indian, Chinese and Hispanic cuisines, and the vegetables are very fresh and reasonably priced.

Asian markets have amaaazing fresh vegetable departments. I've never seen such a variety of leafy green vegetables. Makes me feel guilty that I don't eat more of them.

1582056405757.png

When Vietnamese restaurants serve pho (traditional noodle soup - usually with beef but almost always available vegan), they serve it with a big tray of leafy green vegetables, chiles, sprouts, and lime wedges. You then add the items to the hot soup, per your preference.

1582056754272.png

Last edited:
We have a grocery store in the city called "Global Foods Market". It carries food from different countries - India, China, Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Germany, Great Britain, Russia, etc. Each country has its own section. The fresh vegetables section leans heavily toward Indian, Chinese and Hispanic cuisines, and the vegetables are very fresh and reasonably priced.

I see. It must be a very cool place.🍍🥦🥝🍆🌶 😎
I just thought: what kind of section must lean toward Russian cuisine? It's probably canned food!:lol: I'm kiddin', if course, but, as we say, "V kazhdoy shutke yest' dolya shutki" ("In every joke there is a particle of joke"),- it's actually a perverted saying: "V kazhdoy shutke yest' dolya pravdy" ("In every joke there is a particle of truth"). Why am i saying this? Because you're not Russian if you have never been fed with "Tushonka" ("Canned sauteed veal"). Bleh...:yuck: Indeed, it's hard to imagine what kind of food is identified as originally Russian... Because true Russian foods are forgotten nowadays (100%,- i'm telling you).:sigh: 😁

Reactions: David3
I like cabbage, but I LOVE its darker-green relatives- especially Kale and Mustard Greens (which one of my co-workers used to call "Moose Turd Greens"- but I kept right on eating them!) Last Saturday I bought some really excellent collards at the Farmer's Market, though- they were grown locally in some sort of movable, light-duty greenhouse.

I like cabbage, but I LOVE its darker-green relatives- especially Kale and Mustard Greens (which one of my co-workers used to call "Moose Turd Greens"- but I kept right on eating them!) Last Saturday I bought some really excellent collards at the Farmer's Market, though- they were grown locally in some sort of movable, light-duty greenhouse.
Ha! Now we're talking! I love bok choy, kale and mustards (I grow a delicious Japanese red mustard that somehow thrives in our autumnal garden despite the ever lingering summer temps) Glorious plants. Boo @ the Moose Turd Person, who doesn't recognize beautiful, greens glory! Obviously, a confused person.

Local collards! Yes. Grab all you can. :yum

I also like collard and kale. You can't find the former in shops over here and kale is only sold in pricey organic stores. I also like spring cabbage. :)

Really i love cabbage, I prefer it salad for lunch. Due to boring life, my blood pressure started to remain slightly above to the normal point, so my doctor suggested me to do sports with healthy diet. I added cabbage in my daily food, So it helped me in losing weight and attaining a healthy lifestyle.