News Nano, The Real Life Cat Girl

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This woman claims that she's actually a cat.

The Norwegian National Broadcaster has been criticized for airing the interview on the basis that they have a duty to protect vulnerable people from themselves. Some of Nano's claims suggest she might have mental issues.

What do you think? Funny? Sad? Both? In our sick and crazy world, should we really insist on perfect mental health? Or should we just learn to be more accepting of those who are "different"? Does it matter if someone wants to be a cat? Is it a career-limiting move to come out as a "cat" on national TV? Can a cat-human hold public office?

I think it's exploitative for them to broadcast this, but then, IMO, much of reality TV is exploitative also.

Reactions: KLS52
I do not think we should insist on perfect mental health. I am quite quirky and getting quirkier with each passing year but this sounds very bizarre to me and not at all funny in the amusing sense of the word. I can't imagine anyone giving her much credibility so I think, yes, definitely career limiting. She might make an ok candidate for public office considering who the current runners are, though.

I think it's exploitative. I don't think it's good for her career to be airing that. All I can think about is the reaction she might get from certain individuals with fetishes. She might get the wrong attention if you know what I mean.