daxm

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
  2. Vegan newbie
I'm sure I'm not the only one making this but here is my process:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup - Cashews (raw, unsalted) (Sometimes I add a little more cashews to get a more nutty flavor.)
  • 1 cup - Rolled Oats
  • 4 cups water
  • "A big handful" of greens (Mixed greens, or just Spinach, or whatever you want)
  • 2-3'ish cups of frozen mixed berries.

Directions:
  1. Blend cashews, oats, and water until smooth. (Some people choose to strain out the bits but I leave mine in. Also, some people soak the oats in the water before blending. I don't see the point as they are getting pureed anyway.)
  2. Blend in mixed greens until smooth.
  3. Blend in frozen mixed berries. (The frozen berries will "thicken" the smoothie due to their frozen nature. I tend to go for as thick of a consistency as I can get before the blender can't mix it anymore.)
This will make about 2 quarts of smoothie. Typically I drink 1 quart immediately and refrigerate the 2nd quart for tomorrow's breakfast.

Reactions: Lou
I'm sure I'm not the only one making this but here is my process:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup - Cashews (raw, unsalted) (Sometimes I add a little more cashews to get a more nutty flavor.)
  • 1 cup - Rolled Oats
  • 4 cups water
  • "A big handful" of greens (Mixed greens, or just Spinach, or whatever you want)
  • 2-3'ish cups of frozen mixed berries.

Directions:
  1. Blend cashews, oats, and water until smooth. (Some people choose to strain out the bits but I leave mine in. Also, some people soak the oats in the water before blending. I don't see the point as they are getting pureed anyway.)
  2. Blend in mixed greens until smooth.
  3. Blend in frozen mixed berries. (The frozen berries will "thicken" the smoothie due to their frozen nature. I tend to go for as thick of a consistency as I can get before the blender can't mix it anymore.)
This will make about 2 quarts of smoothie. Typically I drink 1 quart immediately and refrigerate the 2nd quart for tomorrow's breakfast.

Wow! that is different.
Huh. I just checked and I don't see a "Smoothie Recipe" thread. We should probably have one.

The recipe has been posted in the beverage section where all the smoothie recipes are listed :

1. well not all ALL the smoothies.
2. this section is not getting the love it deserves.
only 10 threads so far.
8 of them are before 2013
and 6 of them by some person who goes by the codename Shyvas.

i will make it this morning's goal to fix this.