My pet hate is …

Ziplock seals. Too often they don't work on things that most need them to work
I just opened a 2 pound bag of frozen fruit and the seals don't work AT ALL. There are gaps on both sides!
Then there's the ones made to pull open that break the one side of the bag.
....and why do one time use products come with a zip lock bag?

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
Beauty standards and fashion. I find that those make no sense whatsoever. I think that I have some sort of learning disability when it comes to understanding those, but the more I gain knowledge, the more I'd be willing to forget that I ever heard about those.
I miss the time when I was almost completely oblivious to beauty standards. I remember when I was visiting my friends house and me, her and L were sitting on the floor thinking our own thoughts when suddenly L said "I have always wished to have the kind of feet you have." I did not understand what she meant and I got extremely stressed out by it. I started staring at her feet and my friends feet and my head hurt and my heart started pounding and I felt like I couldn't breath properly. Now I know that she meant that I have pétit feet. Chinese people used to mutilate their feet because of beauty standards. I couldn't have been much older than 14 years old and back then my understanding of fashion was black eyeliner, black clothes, black nail polish, combat boots, hair to cover up my face and rivet wristbands to cover up my wrists. I didn't like my wrists because those are so scrawny and people called me "plant stick" and "scarecrow" because of how thin I was.
Once I was told that Shagrath looks sexy and once again, I was left puzzled.
One person once told me that "no one wants to be your friend because of how you look". People who want to control the way you look are mislead and if you aren't skilful enough, it would be best to walk away.
I'm thankful to minimalism. It has really cleared up all this confusion surrounding clothes. I can wear the clothes that feel good and I don't need another opinion.

Perhaps many other people can find value in beauty standards and fashion, but personally I have never understood why these things matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
I don't like it when I'm eating something like a vegan donut, and I share it with bf then he says something like how it makes him want to try out a (non vegan) donut shop. hands off my food then lol.
I'm sharing so I have less for myself and then you'll compare it to non vegan food, then get your own and leave mine alone. Grrr

Its annoying when people say if you have money for this, then you have money for that too. Maybe you're barely affording the first thing to begin with, there's so many other expenses to take care of too.

I don't like it when meat eaters complain about the price of vegan food, only to then spend the same amount if not more on food themselves. I wouldn't say my eating habits are cheap... I do like to enjoy my meals. My food wouldn't be cheap if I were vegan or non, tbh. My soda habits alone are expensive.

"Charred" food and burnt food, which are essentially the same thing, and people posting photos of said food, and others commenting that it looks delicious. No, it's doesn't look delicious, it looks carcinogenic!

• Agree
Reactions: Veganite
I don't like getting fussed at for not knowing something. Maybe I just don't care enough about it, or I don't have a good memory. Or both. We all have different lives, different experiences. So if I don't know something there's probably a reason for it, because it's not relevant to my life.

Reactions: Second Summer
My pet hate is the phrase 'some when'. My husband uses it all the time and I'd never even heard of it until he said it. Surely 'some time' is so much better?!?

I don't like that people say that kids need to be hit with a belt to behave.
It sounds like they don't know how to correct bad behavior, that they've been hit with a belt by their parents so thats obviously how you correct your kids right?
I never got the belt. I would imagine it would just make me angry and less willing to listen and behave, from spite.

• Agree
Reactions: silva
I hate it when people think that all humans enjoy sex. :joy:
People do dismiss those who do not desire sex. It is seriously dismissive to think they need to change.
I learned to stick up for a man everyone talked about that simply wasn't sexual. Couldn't understand why people cared so much, or felt it so wrong!
I wanted to say 'asexual', but not sure that's correct?

People do dismiss those who do not desire sex. It is seriously dismissive to think they need to change.
I learned to stick up for a man everyone talked about that simply wasn't sexual. Couldn't understand why people cared so much, or felt it so wrong!
I wanted to say 'asexual', but not sure that's correct?
It's awesome that you defended him. :)
Yes, asexual might be the right term. It's a spectrum and can be rather confusing, even I haven't memorised all of the specific terms.

Some people only desire sex in the romantic sense of the word, as in they only desire it if they are in a committed loving relationship. Not saying you can’t have sex just for sex’s sake if that works for you. Just that it’s different for everyone. Some people can’t separate sex from the love aspect.

Some people only desire sex in the romantic sense of the word, as in they only desire it if they are in a committed loving relationship. Not saying you can’t have sex just for sex’s sake if that works for you. Just that it’s different for everyone. Some people can’t separate sex from the love aspect.
There is a word for that. Demisexual.
It's weird how those who don't want sex are the only people from the LGBTQ+ people who have to use the word "sex" when they come out of the pantry.
I have recently accepted myself as an aro/ace (aromantic asexual) and that feels very liberating after years of trying to be something else.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
When people touch me. Even when they don't mean to do me any harm. I hate it.

I also hate talking most of the time. It's so draining. I think I'm going to safe energy from now on.

Driving in a tractor. It's claustrophobic and all the sensations inside the tractor gives me such a high level of anxiety that I start to hyperventilate and want to cry. Last time I did okay-ish. I learned to go backwards with the small Kubota tractor and a trailer. It would be nice if I didn't have to do anything else. But I dread the next time if I have to do something new.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52