My pet hate is …

When I say I dislike a certain food, even having tried many ways to prepare it, and people insist I just haven't had it done right. Or suggest recipes that have it and insist I won't be able to taste it, when I've already said that yes, I can.

People that think hair color is vanity, yet are fine are makeup or fashionable clothes. In my case it was about using all natural dyes.

Cars leaving a car length or more in front of them at stop lights on busy streets so they block others from turning on the street, or getting to turning lanes. Bad drivers overall.

I sometimes start off a sentence with "so....." but it's always very intentional, like after hearing news for the first time.

Feeling such contempt for the people who put this administration in place. Fortunately I rarely encounter any, whenever I have I can't tolerate discussion beyond the first few minutes. I get sick

When I say I dislike a certain food, even having tried many ways to prepare it, and people insist I just haven't had it done right. Or suggest recipes that have it and insist I won't be able to taste it, when I've already said that yes, I can.

People that think hair color is vanity, yet are fine are makeup or fashionable clothes. In my case it was about using all natural dyes.

Cars leaving a car length or more in front of them at stop lights on busy streets so they block others from turning on the street, or getting to turning lanes. Bad drivers overall.

I sometimes start off a sentence with "so....." but it's always very intentional, like after hearing news for the first time.

Feeling such contempt for the people who put this administration in place. Fortunately I rarely encounter any, whenever I have I can't tolerate discussion beyond the first few minutes. I get sick
The one in bold just happened to me this morning. I was trying to pull out of the gas station, and the car on the road I was pulling onto was at least two car lengths behind a truck at a stop light. I was like, move up already! Sheesh. I'm always checking my rearview mirror for situations like this. People are so inconsiderate!

I also agree with your first annoyance. This happens to me regarding coconut. I will never like it. Ever. :-D

Swedes here in Gothenburg have an annoying kind of magic. You can be waiting at a totally empty bus stop for ages and then as soon as the bus arrives and the doors open, half a dozen or more swedes will suddenly materialize between you and the doors and get on the bus first, taking all vacant seats!!!:(

• Wow
Reactions: KLS52
One of my pet hates is waste of any description but especially the waste of food. The idea that producers for supermarkets have to discard carrots if they are not “perfectly” shaped drives me to distraction.

Call me extremist but …..

· I always leave a perfectly clean plate even to the point of mopping up any juices with pieces of bread.

· The remnants left on the bread board are scooped up; especially so with breads that have been coated with seeds.

· You can relive one of your childhood joys by scraping out the bowl used to make the icing for the chocolate cake.

· It is said that the most nutritious part of a potato is the skin. Baked potatoes are a favourite and of course the Irish have a great tradition of scrubbing instead of peeling them before boiling.

· Most Brits throw out the tops of beetroot having never heard of what Canadians and Americans call beet greens. Cook them as though they are spinach.

· The best part of a desert apple is the core! Admittedly some bits can get stuck between the teeth but there is the beautifully bitter taste from biting into a pip.

Roger.
Please share more great ideas, i love stuff like this :)
i feel as if i waste so much, because i don't know what t do with it.
I try and save my scarps of veg for stocks, but the bread crumb idea i love as im sick of buying them all the time.
Can you do this with any bread....

Please share more great ideas, i love stuff like this :)
i feel as if i waste so much, because i don't know what t do with it.
I try and save my scarps of veg for stocks, but the bread crumb idea i love as im sick of buying them all the time.
Can you do this with any bread....

We have a Frugality forum where there are some useful tips/posts : ;)

When strangers in real life talk to me. I don't know how to response. I tend to think about what to say, but end up being silent because in the end I just don't know what to say, or because it takes too much energy to shift my focus from whatever I'm doing and thinking to something else.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
If I forget something and the person takes it personally. I just don't have the best memory.
Or they turn it into a guilt trip, "I don't forget things you tell me" even though I know they forgot stuff I told them, I just don't get upset at them because people forget things sometimes.
Or how about when people take their behavior and compare it to yours and get upset that you're not the same way. Because you're a different person from them.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Or how about when people take their behavior and compare it to yours and get upset that you're not the same way. Because you're a different person from them.
People have the right to have their feelings, but everyone also has the right to be themselves, no matter how different.
In other words, you aren't responsible for other peoples emotions. People just get upset over different things, you never know it beforehand.
I just felt like ranting about this. Sorry about intruding and thank you.

I hate it when something you’ve said or done is taken the wrong way...like something that is so innocent on your part but the person misinterprets it as an insult. Then you try and explain what your intent was but it’s like they don’t hear you and they won’t accept your explanation and just get mad because they are holding onto the misinterpretation. 🤦‍♀️
Luckily that doesn’t happen that often. But it has happened.

Having said to a friend or acquaintance (who knows that I am Vegan) that I would rather Not hear about them eating animals... and they Keep on telling me about Who they just ate! Or, even worse they send me photos of it!!

• Agree
Having said to a friend or acquaintance (who knows that I am Vegan) that I would rather Not hear about them eating animals... and they Keep on telling me about Who they just ate! Or, even worse they send me photos of it!!
That is annoying. I feel like it's disrespectful, but to them it's completely normal and they never learn to realize that someone could percieve things any other way.
I usually tell them straight away that I'm not interested and that that's disgusting. But sometimes they just keep going and don't listen. I don't understand why people in the first place want to talk about food. Or weather. So. Freaking. BORING.
Gladly, I'm good at pacing out.

That is annoying. I feel like it's disrespectful, but to them it's completely normal and they never learn to realize that someone could percieve things any other way.
I usually tell them straight away that I'm not interested and that that's disgusting. But sometimes they just keep going and don't listen. I don't understand why people in the first place want to talk about food. Or weather. So. Freaking. BORING.
Gladly, I'm good at pacing out.
I actually lost a friend of over 20 years because of this... we were talking on the phone and she started telling me that someone had offered her something- then saying how bad she felt about it, but she said yes to it anyway... I just said to her that I didn’t want to hear about it... then I said that maybe we should speak another time... she got huffy and said that no one could tell her what she could talk about! Well, I thought that we were having a conversation-and both people should have a say in what they talk about... That happened last March, we haven’t spoken since... I did reach out to her by text but, she didn’t respond...

• Friendly
I actually lost a friend of over 20 years because of this... we were talking on the phone and she started telling me that someone had offered her something- then saying how bad she felt about it, but she said yes to it anyway... I just said to her that I didn’t want to hear about it... then I said that maybe we should speak another time... she got huffy and said that no one could tell her what she could talk about! Well, I thought that we were having a conversation-and both people should have a say in what they talk about... That happened last March, we haven’t spoken since... I did reach out to her by text but, she didn’t respond...
Wow. That's weird. I don't know what to say.

People that always have to self justify their actions:

"Usually we reach for excuses and justifications when we want to appear confident or present a positive image of ourselves. However, we’re unknowingly showing off our insecurities when looking for approval or acceptance in others."

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
People that always have to self justify their actions:

"Usually we reach for excuses and justifications when we want to appear confident or present a positiveimage of ourselves. However, we’re unknowingly showing off our insecurities when looking for approval or acceptance in others."

Totally, 100% but I don’t see me changing my behavior now. I’m well aware that I do this all the time and it is because I am insecure...so I will give justification for my actions to make me happy and then the person can either take it or leave it, haha. But I don’t think I will ever NOT justify what I say or do. It’s just who I am and people who know me well understand that and accept it.

One thing I have learned to do is to just say no if I don’t want to do something...I no longer feel like I have to give a reason as to why I may not want to go out to dinner or shopping or whatever social event it might be. I feel like I have the right to just say that it’s not something I feel like doing at that moment. Although, as I’m typing this, I have on occasion declined something then explained that it was because of anxiety and that it’s not something I feel that I could handle right now, lol. So I guess I’m just doomed to explaining and justifying. What else can I say. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I don’t like when people say poisonous snakes instead of venomous. There’s no such thing as a poisonous snake

I don’t like when people say poisonous snakes instead of venomous. There’s no such thing as a poisonous snake
I do that sometimes. I’ll try and do better! 😁
Actually I follow a snake group on FB and have heard this difference mentioned several times now. It’s just a question of breaking a bad habit because most people I know will always say poisonous. But I think I’ve heard the correction enough times now, that I’ve got it.
I’m annoyed when people try to write definitely but instead it comes out as defiantly lol. It’s petty I know, but I see it almost daily. It is possible it’s an autocorrect issue. But the n is nowhere near the a which leads me to believe it’s just a misuse of the word. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: Danielle