My name is...

Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My name is Robin. I'm a 25 year old Type 1 diabetic with IBS-D. I have been 5 Vegan months. My reason for going Vegan is because of my stomach turning flips one day 2 years ago and my not being able to eat. I weighed literally little to nothing, 90 pounds. Since changing my way of eating I feel so much better, full of energy! Although IBS sometimes affects my being able to eat still, I am better than I was, I am grateful as well as thankful.

Hello Robin, and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your 5 month vegan journey. It sounds like you're feeling some positive changes. I hope you're eating enough food, as in calories. That is often the biggest challenge for new vegans. I highly recommend checking out lots of vegan YouTube channels for everything from recipes to learning tips and tricks that may help you with your journey. There's lots of resources and information available on this forum as well. Dig, search, and you shall find.

I like NutritionFacts.org a lot. Doctor Michael Greger most often provides the research and studies to back up what he's saying. He's also got a great YouTube channel. I did a quick search for IBS on their site HERE

Best of luck, and again, welcome to the community!

Hello and thank you so much! I am feeling positive as well as energetic. I believe I eat at max 1300 Calories per day if not more. I do a lot of research, when I'm able. I'mm be doing a lot more very soon. Yes, most definitely going to dig and search to find more helpful information, as much as possible. I love NutritionFacts.orgs as well. I use this website hen counting carbs occasionally. Some foods are hard to find when it comes to insulin to carb ratio and that's a bit odd to me, because most of these foods are what we NEED to be eating. I'm familiar with Dr. Greger. I recently ordered his book. I've skimmed through the book not quite read it. Thank you again.